3160EL 40# propane tank upgrade

twolanesoffreedom

TwoLanesOfFreedom
We are in the process of ordering a custom build 3160EL and are getting mixed information on whether the 40#lp tank upgrade was available. One dealership said that because of the 10" beam it was not an option and another dealer said that it was. Can someone please confirm either way? Thank you.

jimtoo

Hi twolanesoffreedom,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and soon to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I would suggest you call the Heartland Customer Service, 574-262-8030 or 877-262-8032 and ask for the Bighorn management. Explain to them what your looking for and what the dealers are saying. They should be able to give you the correct answer.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

K

karykatz

twolanesoffreedom- congrats on working on the purchase of your new bighorn 3160El. You will love this unit. to answer your question, the 40LB upgrade is not available on the 3160EL. this unit, like the 3010 and new 3270RS, is built on a 10" I beam. this size frame doesn't allow for the bigger tanks to be added to these models. I hope this helps.

twolanesoffreedom

TwoLanesOfFreedom
twolanesoffreedom- congrats on working on the purchase of your new bighorn 3160El. You will love this unit. to answer your question, the 40LB upgrade is not available on the 3160EL. this unit, like the 3010 and new 3270RS, is built on a 10" I beam. this size frame doesn't allow for the bigger tanks to be added to these models. I hope this helps.

Thank you Kary. We look forward to meeting you in person at the RV show in Tampa in a few weeks.

David & Sharon