43 days and not counting any more = got it back

TX_Clay

Took my 2015 CY3010 in for its final warranty work before its first birthday. Had several things to have looked at. Dropped it off on Monday Sept. 28. The one item that bothered me most was the bottom seal of the bedroom slideout. We had it replaced under warranty the first month we owned the RV because it had ripped the wiper (that part that flips in and out as the slide moves) about 10 inches down the end. Causing is to hang loose under the slideout. (Open or closed) The 2nd time we opened the slideout after getting it back, I noticed that the seal was torn again. So, I pointed it out to the service advisor as well as roller marks on the bottom side of the slideout.
Well they got it in and ordered the parts 1 week after receiving it (not to bad) Received the parts from Heartland 2 weeks later ( really? can't do anything faster than that?) Put the seal on and on first run in and out,Tore it. Upon further inspection, the roller assembly for the slide out has apparently collapsed or wasn't properly setup when built, (my thoughts) with enough clearance for the wiper seal to flip in and out. So, roller assembly ordered and another seal. Guessing 2 weeks AGAIN for factory to ship and a week to hopefully get it working properly.
28 days of waiting was waiting on the factory. There has got to be a better way! Perhaps 2 day shipping on parts would help? At this rate. I may see my Rig by Thanksgiving.
Just very frustrating.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Re: 43 days and counting.

Sorry, that does sound frustrating. We had some work done by Heartland factory, which included replacing the rollers under the bedroom slide. After returning home to Texas, we had a similar issue as you mentioned... The flap was getting "eaten" by the roller. When we were in Goshen for the national rally, Heartland service moved the seal down, so it just brushed against the floor or the slide out, and doesn't get caught by the roller when the slide moves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TX_Clay

Call to check on progress and was informed that the Roller repair kit that was received was not correct and had to re-order parts at the first of the week. Possible next week IF Heartland gets the correct parts shipped and received at the dealership. At his rate, the 2017 models will be coming out soon. Sorry for the rant, just very frustrating. Heck of a way to run a business. Can you imagine if this was your car in for warranty work?

TX_Clay

Day 56 and ExplorerUSA Ft. Worth still has my RV. Parts were received week ago today. Beginning to think something major is wrong with the slideout.

sengli

When I had a similar issue with my big horn. My lower seal got caught in the roller, and ate a hunk out of it. I called heartland myself and I had the parts withing a week. Then you could take it in and have the dealer install them, or really just do it yourself and save the hassle.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member

When I had a similar issue with my big horn. My lower seal got caught in the roller, and ate a hunk out of it. I called heartland myself and I had the parts withing a week. Then you could take it in and have the dealer install them, or really just do it yourself and save the hassle.

Suggestion for future reference...Only leave your RV with the dealer for repair AFTER the parts are received and they are ready to work on it. Most of the time dealers just let the RV sit until the customer raises enough **** they get on the ball and fix it.

TX_Clay

Suggestion for future reference...Only leave your RV with the dealer for repair AFTER the parts are received and they are ready to work on it. Most of the time dealers just let the RV sit until the customer raises enough **** they get on the ball and fix it.
YEAH!, got a call today that it was ready. So I drove over and picked it up this evening. I did ask about having it looked at then bringing it back when they were ready for it and was told that they wouldn't save my place in line and I would fall into what ever position was open when I came back.
Oh well. Glad to have it back. I did notice that the bedroom slide closes tighter at the top than it did when I took it in. Now time to start moving things back into it so we can use it again.

dlw930

YEAH!, got a call today that it was ready. So I drove over and picked it up this evening. I did ask about having it looked at then bringing it back when they were ready for it and was told that they wouldn't save my place in line and I would fall into what ever position was open when I came back.
Oh well. Glad to have it back. I did notice that the bedroom slide closes tighter at the top than it did when I took it in. Now time to start moving things back into it so we can use it again.

Glad you finally got it back and hope it's properly fixed. I stopped at the CW next to Explore USA on the South Freeway to pick up some anti-freeze and rubber roof treatment on my way home from work and wondered if your coach was still there.

Dave

TX_Clay

I noticed yesterday, when I picked up my TH a sign that said " Units dropped off this week can be expected to be completed the week of January 4. " So you leave it sit on their lot for how ever long to get it looked at? There has to be a better way to do this? I for one will be doing all I can from now on as mine is "Officially" out of warranty.

jmgratz

The length of time a unit sits on a dealers lot to get looked at is exactly why so many would rather have their unit repaired by a mobile repair dude.

dlw930

The storage facility where ours is stored in Cleburne also has a service dept. So far, everything I've needed done, they've handled without problem. My coach is out of warranty, so this is a very convenient arrangement.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

The storage facility where ours is stored in Cleburne also has a service dept. So far, everything I've needed done, they've handled without problem. My coach is out of warranty, so this is a very convenient arrangement.

Where is this?

jmgratz

Oasis RV Park on Interstate 45 (exit 10) in LaMarque is located right behind Ron Hoover RV in LaMarque. The RV Park is owned by Ron Hoover RV and you can stay at Oasis while waiting to get your RV serviced. They come to your site and work on your RV. Very convenient especially for those who are full timers.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I noticed yesterday, when I picked up my TH a sign that said " Units dropped off this week can be expected to be completed the week of January 4. " So you leave it sit on their lot for how ever long to get it looked at? There has to be a better way to do this? I for one will be doing all I can from now on as mine is "Officially" out of warranty.

Wow! Yeah a good reason to do things yourself or use a mobile tech.
I took ours twice to my dealer for warranty work-1 day to make assessments , 1 day to repair. No drop off and wait. Made appointments for each visit. Also took it to a local SOB dealer closer to home for a non-warranty service item, same thing, in and out in 1 day with prior appointment arrangements!

windviewer

And while it is on the lot waiting, some use it to demonstrate to new prospective customers ....

whp4262

The bedroom seal on my cyclone did the same thing. When I installed the new seal I cut a notch in the lip of the seal to clear the rollers. The notch didn't affect how the seal lays against the bottom of the slide and can't get caught in the roller anymore.