5.1 Entertainment System?

dave10a

To be a true 5.1 system it must have a two front, one center and two rear speaker and last but not lest a sub woofer.. otherwise it is not. That is how Dolby defines a surround sound 5.1 system. My Landmark does not have a sub woofer which is a disappointment for me because I paid for a surround sound system and got something that Heartland think is a surround sound system, but it is far from it. Also the Heartland supplied speakers are not up to my expectations because they are very tinny and cheap. Then the amplifier is not what I call capable for producing quality music because it is low power with high harmonic distortion. An amplifier must have high enough power to provide adequate transient response of the speakers. Last but not least to be Dolby certified, a Dolby label must be present otherwise who knows what it is--- of course that label costs a little extra, but it is worth it if you like true surround sound music. It is even better if the system is THX certifed :) Then you get true movie experience....