AC/Furnace Thermostats

busted2341

I was wondering and I cannot find anywhere in the paperwork on how all three thermostats are affected when turned on. I do not have the heat pump. My main question for now is the mode. When on auto, with a setting on lets say 75 degrees for A/C and low setting of 68 degrees for furnace will it switch between heat and A/C automatically or is that just a setting for the fan mode?

Also when setting just the furnace using furnace mode, do all the thermostats need to be on or just one? or just the two that are side by side by the entry and not the bedroom one?

Or maybe you can direct me to where in my paperwork or where I might find how all three in conjunction together work because they are all separated and the directions are explained as if it was ONE A/C & Furnace only.

danemayer

Re: ATF: Landmark - Thermostats

The three thermostats operate independently. Each one responds based on the mode that it's set for, the temperature set point for the mode you've selected, and the ambient temperature at that thermostat.

If there's a mode button, you need to set it to HEAT or COOL depending on whether you want the furnace to run or the A/C to run. There's no auto switching of modes.

Only one of the three thermostats is connected to the furnace. No matter how you set the others, they won't run the furnace.

When running the furnace, if you have the fan on that thermostat set to high or low, the A/C fan will also run along with the furnace. To stop this, set the fan to AUTO.

We have some of the thermostat operating and diagnostic manuals in this folder. You probably have the Dometic Comfort Control Center 2 thermostat (CCC2).

busted2341

Another question. I guess according to those instructions, everything is dependent on the install, which is done at the factory. How are zones created? Or are they? Instructions indicate that auto mode does switch between heat and cooling so I will experiment with that one. It is the zones that I wonder about. It shows 4 zones. Is there a schematic that heartland can provide that shows what A/C can control what zones or if there are any zones other than 1 which is controlled by all three A/C's when the install is done? There seems to be so much this thermostat is capable of doing but it all depends on how the install is done at the factory. If we knew that, the programing or the inability of programing would be much easier to figure out.

AAdams

If your Comfort Control II thermostat is showing 4 zones do the following to initialize the thermostat to show only the zones connected.
Make sure the CCC 2 thermostat is in the OFF condition. Simultaneously press and hold the MODE and ZONE buttons.
The LCD will display “IniT” and all available zones.
Release the MODE and ZONE buttons.
Press the ON/OFF button to exit system set up.

After this the zones that are not used will go away on the display.

I had to do this to mine on our BH so I didn't accidentally switch to the wrong zone and get errors and the a/c not work.

If you set the unit in the AUTO mode (for heating / cooling, not the fan control ) then it will turn on the A/C if the temp rises over 2 degrees from the preset temp. Then the heat will turn on if the temp drops 2 degrees from the preset point. When the heat is called for it will turn on the heat pump is equipped, then the furnace, then the heat strip, if equipped.