Ac not cycling.

Dan50

I have a 2014 Big Country with 2 15 k AC's. The bedroom unit works fine and we use it during the day mostly. The living room AC is the one giving us problems. It is set to auto and comes on fine and blows good cold air. When it reaches the set temp it shuts off as it should but the problem is as the inside temp warms on it won't start up again most times unless I shut it off manually and restart it. This sucks when you wake up in the middle of the night sweating and have to shut it down and restart it. Don't want to listen to the bedroom unit when we are trying to sleep. It's a dometic black square thermostat. Thanks in advance for any answers or help.

rxbristol

Try setting it to "Cool" and the fan to "Auto". Also, over the years I've had three times where the A/C fan would run, but the compressor not start...I got it to work again by removing power from the whole RV and reconnecting. This reset procedure got everything working again.

danemayer

If both units use the same type of thermostat, you could swap them and see if the problem moves with the thermostat.

MCTalley

Our rear unit (2015 BC 3650RL) decided to start doing that a couple weeks ago. I would turn the thermostat to off, wait a few seconds, then back to A/C and it would work fine, generally for days, sometimes for hours, then do it again. I had to do that on maybe three different occasions and it just decided to start working fine again. I'll keep an eye on the thread in case you find a solution (in case ours decides to do that again).

jmarnell

This is very interesting. The main living area AC in our 2018 Cyclone did the exact same thing this past weekend. Ran fine until it hit the right temp, cycled off, then wouldn't turn on again until I shut the unit off at the thermostat and then restarted it. The bedroom AC worked fine all weekend. Very puzzling since this is the first time it has acted that way.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
I had same issue. Bought control box and new stat as my RV AC guy suggested it would be one or the other. Changed stat out and have had no issues since. Have control box ready if I ever need to change it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MCTalley

If ours repeats the previous behavior, I'll swap our thermostats and see if it follows the t-stat or not. It is spring here in central Florida, which means dual A/C use (this weekend's temps are supposed to be 90).

Coxster

I had a similar issue awhile back. Me it was low power coming from the campground I was at. I took to RV shop to have looked at and was told that with low voltage coming in that it would not start both a/c units but would start by turning off and restarting like everyone else is saying. That was 2 years ago and it has not done it since .