Adding a sideramp

Hi everyone

New to the posting here, but been around for a while.

My family and I are looking for a 5th TH that can sleep our family of 4 without using the garage beds = we need the loft above the garage.
We also found that we need a 14" garage in order to fit a RZR 900 + a kids UTV Polaris 170 IF it has a side ramp to load the kids UTV so it is store sideways. We don't like the TH with huge garages of +17" due to fact they all have very little living area when the toys are in the garage and we are on the road somewhere we don't plan to use the toys. It's a PITA to take it all out to put it back in just to get a little extra room. Also the TH should be able to carry some weight since the toys alone weights around 2.300 lbs dry.

I find it near impossible to find a TH that fits the bill, so I was thinking about going the custom route and add a side ramp to CY4114 and was hoping to get some feedback from someone who got experience with doing something similar. I'm thinking to hire a professional to do the work from us, but what do you all think about the idea? Do you know an alternative floor plan that would fit without custom work?

BR

Mikkel

jimtoo

Hi Mikkel,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I cannot say that I have heard of anyone adding or modifying to a side ramp. But you never know. I'm sure you will get more info form our other members soon.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

danemayer

Hi Mikkel,

Something to consider: there is a Cyclone that comes with a side patio - 4200 I think. The patio is a little like a ramp in that it's 1) heavy like a ramp and 2) is hinged and folds up like a ramp.

We don't know why, but it's notable that it took Heartland much longer to get that side patio engineering work completed than anyone expected. Maybe a year longer.

My takeaway is that adding a heavy ramp to the side may be hard to get right.

If you really want to proceed, you might take a close look at a 4200 to see how the side patio was done.

Yeah, it sound very likely that the weight of the ramp could cause an issue unless its thought well into the design. What about adding the loft to the CY4114 over the garage? Maybe that's more doable?