Adding Alum A Guard Awning covers

KNPMCM

Wondering if anyone has added the Alum A Guard Awning covers after receiving their units. Is it possible or does it need to be ordered as part of the awning?
What should I expect to pay and how difficult is it for the dealer to complete.

KNPMCM

Last edited by a moderator:

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
If anyone figures it out, please post info on where you got the new canvas. I will be replacing mine real soon as the south Texas sun just took its toll on mine this week.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Awning is removed, install guard, re-install awning in guard.
Are you 100% sure about that ?
From what I've seen the one on the new Big Horn the vinal is connect in 3 different places.
It has 3 connection seems.
One on the upper end connected the the RV then another 1 in a ways connected to the aluma-gaurd and then the one on the end connected to the roll tube.
So I believe what I've been told that the vinal needs to be replaced.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Gary521

Yes, my son-in-law just replaced his awning. I supplied the Carefree web site as a help. They will supply awning replacements for other brands. No, I do not own any stock in the company. My neighbor has a Dometic awning with a metal cover.

I just talked to Bighorn dealer. Metal awning covers can be had as an option on new units.

2psnapod2

From what a saw on the Internet, the added Alluminum adds 7 inches to the fabric. So if you just add the Alluminum to the existing fabric, it might be too long to completely extend the awning causing more stress on the hardware. I'm thinking since I need to replace my fabric anyhow, I am hoping I can order it together.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2psnapod2

I was looking into this and while on the Dometic Website I clicked the contact and sent them a message asking. Here is the reply I received.

My Question to them:

Email: 2psnapod2@gmail.com
Message: I have a OEM Dometic Awning that is mounted on a 2011 Heartland Landmark. I believe it is a 9100 but it is before it came with the weathershield. I am wondering since I need to replace my fabric, is it possible for me to add the Metal Weathershield to my existing awning?

Their Response:

You can add a metal weathershield to your 9100 awning. If you can provide me with a model number, I can provide you with exactly what you would need.
We appreciate this opportunity to address your situation and hope all of your future travels are trouble free. Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time to order parts or for further assistance.

Sincerely,
Sarah
Customer Support Center
Dometic Corporation
800-544-4881
www.edometic.com
www.dometicusa.com