After winterizing draining the pink stuff

khalsey

I always blow out the lines with air than pump rv antifreeze through the lines then blow out with air again. I have been doing it that way for years and never had a problem because of doing it that way.

Bones

Thanks everyone. It sounds like running the pink stuff through will have evacuated any left over water and now just draining the line everything is still good to go for the winter.

porthole

Retired
Starting with a 5 gallon bucket and my supply of pink stuff.

I start winterizing with the W/D - on the mid point temp selector. I just let it do a complete wash cycle, and then run the dryer portion for 40 minutes.

Hot water heater gets bypassed, anode removed, tank rinsed the best I can a with a spray nozzle I stick in the tank, then blow out as much of the water as I can and leave the anode out.

I use air with a regulator set to about 45psi and open up everything one valve at a time.
I use SCUBA tanks, because I have quite a few. If you use a compressor make sure it is an "oil less" version so you do not contaminate your lines.

After all the lines are done with as much water as possible removed I then run pink stuff through everything till I am sure it is not diluted. Finally I just leave all valves and faucets open.

A note with the Splendide W/D. I remove the soap, softener and bleach dispenser and clean that. If you have never taken yours out, you might be surprised as to what you find under and behind it.
I leave the W/D door open and the dispenser out for the winter, as well as leaving the closet door open for circulation.

whp4262

Thanks everyone. It sounds like running the pink stuff through will have evacuated any left over water and now just draining the line everything is still good to go for the winter.

I run the pink stuff through the lines and when I'm done I open the low point drains and drain off the excess pink stuff. I've done it this way for the last 25+ years and never had any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

szewczyk_john

Just a note for those of us that do not want nor need the washer/dryer combo. If your trailer is prepped for the unit and you run the pink stuff to every toilet, shower, faucet and outside shower and do nothing with the prep lines, you will still have water in those two lines. You have to open those valves to ensure protection or cap those lines.

whp4262

Just a note for those of us that do not want nor need the washer/dryer combo. If your trailer is prepped for the unit and you run the pink stuff to every toilet, shower, faucet and outside shower and do nothing with the prep lines, you will still have water in those two lines. You have to open those valves to ensure protection or cap those lines.

I hook up a hose and run anti-freeze through the prep lines as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dennyha

Winterizing a Splendide 2100XC washer combo

This is the first time I've attempted to winterize an RV washer. I followed the instructions in the Splendide 2100XC manual:

Optional Winterization Instructions
If you’re currently pumping antifreeze through your fresh water system, you canfollow these steps to winterize your washer-dryer:With machine power OFF, turn WASH TEMP knob to ‘HOT’;Advance Cycle Selector to position ‘3’;Press ON/OFF button, then press START. Let machine fill until the drumturns (could take up to 1 to 2 minutes);Press ON/OFF button to turn power OFF;Advance Cycle Selector to ‘Spin’;Press ON/OFF button, then press START. After letting antifreeze drain completely from drum, press the ON/OFF buttonto turn power OFF. FINISHED.

After I completed the job, I began to think about this, and wondered if I had, in fact, cleared all of the water out of the cold water line. Prior to winterizing, I did drain all of the water from the low point drains, but by turning the selector to HOT, I was thinking that the cold water line might still have water in it.

Today, I called the tech support folks at Splendide. They were very helpful. They explained that for the 2100XT (the 2100 is different), with the selector on HOT and cycle "3", the first thing the washer does is pump liquid from the cold water supply line into the drum. Then it sits for close to a minute, and then drains this liquid out of the drum. Then, it pumps liquid from the hot water supply line into the drum, sits for about half of a minute, and then starts turning the drum. As long as you let the cycle progress to the point that the drum starts turning, it will have pumped liquid from both supply lines.

For safety's sake, I decided to re-winterize my washer. After buying 3 more gallons of pink stuff, and dumping it into a 5 gallon bucket, I hooked up the battery, started the generator, and turned on the water pump. I set the washer to cycle 3, and to HOT. Then, I turned it on and pushed start. I heard the pump turn on and liquid pumping into the drum, but the level never came up high enough where I could see it (I believe this was due to air in the lines from the pink stuff settling). After a brief pause, it pumped out the liquid, just like the Splendide tech advised. After another brief pause, I heard the pump start pumping liquid into the drum again, and this time the level came up high enough that I could see that it was pink. After another brief pause, the drum started turning. Then I turned the washer OFF, turned the cycle to SPIN, and turned it back ON, followed by START. It promptly drained the pink stuff from the drum. Then I shut it off.

Since I never saw the pink stuff in the first fill, I decided to run the above cycle again. This time, I saw pink on both fills. I am now confidant that the washer is fully winterized.

I thought that this explanation about what is actually happening might be helpful, above and beyond what the manual says. As long as the cycle progresses to the point of the drum starting to turn, and then draining it with the SPIN cycle, AND you can see pink stuff on both pumping cycles, you will have cleared both supply lines from any water. Each time you run the cycle up to the point of the drum turning, I found that it consumes about 1-1/2 gallons of pink stuff.

Even though the water temp is set to HOT, it is pulling from the cold supply first, and then the hot, IF you are patient enough to let it progress to the drum turning point.

lynndiwagoner

Re: Winterizing a Splendide 2100XC washer combo

Just did mine today. I saw the "hot" water reference also and wondered about that. Last year I ran through the procedure for both the Hot and Cold water settings and didn't have any problems. I did the same this year.....hot, spin then cold, spin. It took 5 gallons to do the entire rig. Pretty cheap insurance for a $1000.00 item.

Bones

I have the prep lines. I hook up an old washing machine hose with a bucket and open the lines. Just make sure you do the same when it comes time to flush out the system with water for the next season or you will keep getting pink stuff in the line.