Air in the cold water line when using the pump

Herbeez

Camping last weekend with no water hookups. When using the faucets/toilet, there were sounds coming out of the faucet which made me think there was air in the system. No large gulps, just a steady sound. This did not occur when using the hot side. My initial thought was that there may be a leak somewhere, but checking underneath, I did not see any dripping water. I am stumped on what to look for. Could it be a pump problem? Any help would be appreciated.

danemayer

Hi Herbeez,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Check the antifreeze suction line to see if the winterizing valve is partially open.

dbbls59

Sounds like a leak in the line between the pump and fresh water tank. Check the connections on the inlet side of the pump.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
If the suction side has a leak, it will probaly not show a leak. If you have a leak after the pump (pressure side), you will have water everywhere. Key word here is "suction". You could have a fitting or line clamp letting the pump suck air.

Herbeez

Camping last weekend with no water hookups. When using the faucets/toilet, there were sounds coming out of the faucet which made me think there was air in the system. No large gulps, just a steady sound. This did not occur when using the hot side. My initial thought was that there may be a leak somewhere, but checking underneath, I did not see any dripping water. I am stumped on what to look for. Could it be a pump problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for all your quick responses! danemayer, is that the valve near the water heater? I have a Sundance 244RL so I don't think I have an anti freeze suction line, but I could easily be wrong! I did find that the small filter on the pump was slightly loose and there was some moisture underneath it. Didn't find any other leaks. Also, I have the problem with the water tank vent line filling with water when traveling. On this trip, I filled up before I left and didn't think to blow the line out when I got there. When I took things apart when I got home, I did blow the line out and that seemed to solve the problem, i think. Your online manuals are fabulous!!!

danemayer

I'm not quite sure where the antifreeze valve is located on your Sundance. I'd expect there would be a hose near the suction side of the pump, and it might have a valve on that line. Perhaps another Sundance owner might chime in.

But it does sound like the loose filter at the pump was the problem.