• Firestone Ride Rite

Votes: 18 60.0%
  • Airlift

Votes: 12 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TxPatriot

Texas Nomads
We have the Airlift. We moved it to our new truck when we upgraded to new. The system is complete with the wireless remote and compressor. So far no problems at all except one weak battery in the remote (as you would expect). After a little programing, I have one button to push for 35 lbs when hooked up and one button for empty at 5 lbs. Both sides are isolated to prevent equalizing during a turn or other off balance situation.
Another benefit of the remote system is being able to experiment with ride "on the fly".

Thanks for that info! Very helpful!

Rrloren

I was able to install the Firestones myself , no drilling involved. Stopped the chucking I was getting. I fill manually and the inlets are in my wheel wells since each had the perfect size hole there. I run 20 - 25 psi , so far they have been fine. Had them on about 4 yrs.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Firestones here with onboard compressor and in cab guage with fill and dump switch. I run 65 loaded which gets me off overload springs back to unloaded height and 5 when bobtail. I like convienience of having everything right there. Only issue I had was installer routed one air line to close to exhaust and it melted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jnbhobe

I have Firestone now and I am putting them on the new truck, (note to self, don't do that again) any way the new setup will have individual lines to a air switch in the cab to adjust each. The compressor and tank will be in the bed with hookups for tires, hitch and air horns.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I have the Airlift auto leveling system. No remote needed as it adjusts to the right height no matter what the load. I had it 2 years and absolutly no issues.

MagnoliaTom

AirLift. Separate valves to each bag routed to the license plate. I mounted a 12v air compressor in the front storage area of the fifth wheel. When I back in and hitch up, I just open the storage compartment, pull out the hose right to the license plate and fill up to the desired pressure. Works great. Not as easy and as convenient as the onboard compressor but it only cost me $39.

This is what I did. One thing to note when I did my research on whether to inflate both together or separately: if you go over a bumpy road, the side to side bumps push the air out of one bag into the other, making bumpiness magnified if you have them tied together. Separately this does not occur. If you think about it, they really should be separate. JMHO

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
This is what I did. One thing to note when I did my research on whether to inflate both together or separately: if you go over a bumpy road, the side to side bumps push the air out of one bag into the other, making bumpiness magnified if you have them tied together. Separately this does not occur. If you think about it, they really should be separate. JMHO

I heard the same thing about tying the airlines together. That is why I have them on separate lines. That fiver is heavy and high. I don't need to have it rolling around. The bags really did improve the ride. We brought it home from the dealership with no air system. A six hour trip and you could feel every bump and sway. Two weeks later we left for Boston Massachusetts with the air system in place. What a difference.

blong

A vote For Firestone, I was going to install air lift bags but you have to drill on GM trucks if you have an in-bed 5ver or gooseneck hitch (duh), so I sent them back and installed the firestone, no drilling required. I had them my 2011 for 3 years with no issues, traded it in and just added them to new truck. this time I went with firestone bags again because of the GM no drill kit, and Air lift wireless air, dual path air control, as opposed to wireless one single path I had on the 11. IMHO I have noticed a large difference with the dual path control, no more side to side roll, even empty. So I would say to plumb them manual and separate, or get dual path control.

Bohemian

I just saw on another forum that the 2015 Ram 3500 air suspensions are being delivered with Firestone air bags. There was no comment on the rest of the system which has the controls integrated into the Ram central control system.