Hitch Brand Poll

Which Hitch Poll

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TxPatriot

Texas Nomads
Trying to narrow my choices by manufacturer on which hitch to get.

I have a 2009 Ford F-350 Super Duty Dually with an 8ft bed, and do not plan on getting a slider.
I am planning on having either the Firestone Ride Rite or Airlift airbag system installed as well.
We are still deciding on which model fifth wheel RV that we are going to get, but it
will be 38' at the minimum (so maybe 14-16k?). We will be full time in it. I still work, but we will be traveling
some as well. So ease of installation, ease of use, construction, dependability, and
great customer service are important. With only the manufacturer in mind, and no specific model,
here is what I am looking at (in no specific order):

1. Pull Rite
2. B&W
3. Reese

*EDIT* - I should have added Trailer Saver to the poll. If that is your choice just put it in a response.

Thanks for your input, it is highly valued!

TxPatriot

*Admin Edit* Added Trailer Saver to your poll for you (Jim B)

Pizzadigger

I found a screaming deal on a lightly used Curt 20k complete with slider. I really like this hitch. I'm sure the B & W is a fine unit
,but my Curt was about 1/3 the price.

TxPatriot

Texas Nomads
Well, low and behold.....I just scored a sweet deal on a Trailer Saver BD3 air ride, which is actually what I was leaning towards. Was originally looking at the TS3, but this BD3 came up. I should not have any issues pulling a 38'-40' Heartland RV at 16,000 lbs correct? That hitch is rated for 18,000 lbs gross trailer weight, and 3,500 lb pin weight. Plus it has the option of being able to remove it if need be.

Hooked up with a guy in East Texas that is selling one. He got rid of his RV and actually had this one and a sliding fifth wheel for sale. We talked on the phone and he sent me numerous pics. He only used it for two seasons. He is cleaning out his shop and is just looking to get rid of it since he no longer has the trailer. Scored it for $500 cash money. You can't beat that!

http://www.trailersaver.com/product/bd3-air-ride-5th-wheel-hitch/

pegmikef

I use the 18K Reese Elite because that was the one that fit my F350 fifth wheel factory prep.

Kahoney

We have a PullRite Super Glide 16k. Love the auto slide but not a fan that they are not adjustable height wise. When doing research on which one to get there were too many people stating that no matter how careful they are with turning if they didn't have the superglide they bought one after they noticed the dents.

DocFather

Premier Demco Hijacker 21k

premier-21k-double-pivot-700x360.jpg

jeffdee

Reese Elite 30143, 25k. My 2015 F350 has the Fifth Wheel Prep package. I am going to Fedex tomorrow to pick up the hitch.

Attachments

• 30143.jpg
    30143.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 25

pday1213

B&W RVK3300 Companion fits right into the FORD F350/250 with Towing Prep package. 20,000 lb towing 5,000 lb pin weights. Makes it easy to remove from the truck bed when not towing.
RVK3300.PNG