AJ!!! Fat Guy and the Roof????

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
What is the max allowable weight per sqft on a 300c roof? I weigh 350lbs, can I safely walk on the roof without hurting it?

Regardless of your answer there is no way I will use the ladder on the trailer either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 3 HD

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I agree with you on the ladder. I'm a solid 285 and won't go on it. The roof? I have no problems on the roof but I try to use the joists as walking spots. Also, If I can, I walk where I know there is a wall below for better support.

ramdually4100king

I am a good 285lbs and I bent the ladder. If I go on the roof it sags under my weight but so far it has held. My wife who is less then half my weight normally gets sent up if the job is not technical.

Mizmary

I'm ramdually's wife. And I have issues with the ladder. I won't say what I weigh, but it's considerably less than 200#. I say a prayer every time I go up and down.

mbhardison

I'm #285 and both the ladder and the roof were fine. Just washed the roof today. I have, however, fixed the ladder to the side by replacing the pins with bolts.

BarneyFife

200 lbs. here. I go up and down the ladder whenever I need to. If it starts to break, I'll jump.

Y'all just make sure you take your high heels off and pull up your skirts before you start your climb.

kowAlski631

Gave up wearing high heels & skirts a few years ago & would hope you did the same. But am sure that all the women who are active partners in the care & feeding of our RVs appreciate the suggestion.

Martha

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I own a 20' extension ladder and I use that to get on the roof. I just don't trust the OEM ladders. Even being at 210# I walk very carefully on the roof.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Ah, the benefit of being an agile 170 lbs., my rear ladder barely knows I'm on it (but I do check it). I have a 12ft. Extend & Climb for working the lower areas.