Anderson Ultimate Fifth Wheel Hitch

jrdelung

I have one... just towed 2013 Bighorn 3010RE 1300+ miles from Louisiana to Phoenix with no issues. It is SO easy to put the trailer on and off! We have other gooseneck trailers, so this was the answer for us. Towed with 2011 F250 SD Crew Cab short box with airbags in suspension.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I have one... just towed 2013 Bighorn 3010RE 1300+ miles from Louisiana to Phoenix with no issues. It is SO easy to put the trailer on and off! We have other gooseneck trailers, so this was the answer for us. Towed with 2011 F250 SD Crew Cab short box with airbags in suspension.

Do you have any turning issues with this setup?

I have a Chevy 2500HD short box with a Reese slider hitch . . .

Haven't had to use the slider yet as our Prowler has the 88 degree turn radius front end, but it still gets pretty close on tight turns.

But that Anderson sure looks a lot lighter than my Reese . . .

I have never removed it from the bed of the truck as it looks too heavy for me to handle alone.

ProwlerBlueMesa-P1000712.jpg

ProwlerPigtail-P1000474.jpg

NewReeseSliderHitch-P1000052.jpg

ProwlerPigtail-P1000462.jpg

jrdelung

I have the 88 degree turn radius with my Bighorn as well on my truck. It performed amazing!
6e95a8fdf928d9dcf5f9490c346e407e.jpg

jrdelung

Best pics I could get in the dark. You can see where the Anderson connects directly to my B&W flip hitch ball in the bed. I have heard nightmare stories about sliding hitches and short-box trucks.
1aeed44a9a23f8e074aae03d89f8cc8f.jpg
359048185be4febcae2d4057378dbcfe.jpg

JohnD

Best pics I could get in the dark. You can see where the Anderson connects directly to my B&W flip hitch ball in the bed. I have heard nightmare stories about sliding hitches and short-box trucks.

I have not heard any of them . . .

I have seen videos of people blasting out their rear truck windows when they don't have them (slider hitches), however.

jrdelung

Nope... I just love the fact that I can remove the hitch, store it in my trailer, AND still use my truck bed while out on the road. I am a huge fan of the physics of modern technology.

jrdelung

I am with you! Just put mine back in the truck today for a short trip on Friday.
I cannot believe how easy it was to disconnect. The very first time I removed my new trailer I was über careful to check everything because it seemed too easy.

Opened truck door, removed safety devices, pulled Anderson pin, raised trailer and drove truck forward in 1 minute, 48 seconds! Yes, I'm that big of a nerd. I timed it on my phone stopwatch because the dealer was so high on the Anderson Ultimate Gooseneck.

JohnD

Yes . . . you guys are taunting me . . . :p . . .

That being said . . . I will be using my current hitch for many moons to come! :eek:

JohnD

Travel safely my new Heartland friend!

If you plan on joining the Heartland Owner's Club, you can bet you'll meet me!

I am, after all . . . the Bastard Step Child of the Arizona HOC Chapter!

Garry (and many others) can and will confirm that! :angel:

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Jim,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Club. We look forward to meeting you down the road.

Gregg

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Jim: Great NEWS!!!! Can't wait for the official email and I will make a major post on your behalf....
Welcome and yes you will meet JohnD, as long as you have fireball, he is harmless....