Anderson Ultimate Fifth Wheel Hitch

CoveredWagon

Yup that's the way to go 😁. At east we think so. I love the simplicity of hooking up. Drags our Bighorn with the Mor Ryde pin box around like nothing was there.

Aandaar

Went from this
25gqp1v.jpg

To this
23kt2s0.jpg

To finally this
2rhr6f9.jpg

I haven't seen the truck bed empty since the week we bought it

What fuel tank are you using in the bed? This looks like it might fit with my current setup..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoveredWagon

Do you have pictures of it hooked up

no sorry I don't but if you look at the Andersen web site I believe they do. Also google some u tube videos.

We watched a few old time rv ers hooking up std 5 th wheel hitches last weekend and a couple had some real issues hooking up. Now me and ma on our first time out, well I just backed under the cone, lowered the Rv onto the ball, twisted the lock and we were done. It actually took just that long. Ok I did hook up the chains, plugged in and attached the e brake cable, then we were done. 😁

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
From what I watched, the MorRyde hitch works quite well with the Anderson. And it requires no other modification with the coupler. The FlexAir, on the other hand, required a lockout kit to keep the rotating plate from prematurely wearing out the rubber pad.
23vanvk.jpg

JWalker

Unfortunately, I was not able to get the lockout kit here in time to fit my schedule. LOL So I looked around the garage and found some material and made my own. Relatively simple. Just 2 peices of standard hardened flat bar, placed in between the plates. Not allowing the 2 plates to pivot. I did make it alittle more stout than the factory version.

95pgmv.jpg

CoveredWagon

From what I watched, the MorRyde hitch works quite well with the Anderson. And it requires no other modification with the coupler. The FlexAir, on the other hand, required a lockout kit to keep the rotating plate from prematurely wearing out the rubber pad.
23vanvk.jpg

I dont now about the FlexAir pin box, but the Mor Ryde works exactly like it would with any hitch.

JWalker

2 things I can say so far.

-Very simple, easy hook up. The funnel works great. Drop it on the ball. Push in the locking handle, safety chains and Done!!
-That being said, you do need to raise the pin a lot higher to clear the ball when hooking and unhooking.

-The entire system is extremely solid and well built. It never made a noise when dropping the trailer on. No squeaking or creaking. Not a sound in the 30 mile test.

2mgurza.png

1heb5x.png

I mounted the coupler behind the king pin so it put the locking lever on the passenger side. I ended up mounting it near the end of the Pin box. Easier to access it from behind the truck. I might move it later.
vcz495.png

Pioneer

Anyone have any experience or opinions on this hitch.
2mn0ju9.jpg

This hitch attaches to a gooseneck ball which gives those with the factory fifth wheel prep a different option.

I have this hitch. Use it to pull my heartland gateway 3650 BH. Would strongly recommend it. Very easy to install and remove. I looked in several different options and this one was for and away the best.

I would recommend caring a socket set and torque wrench. Calls for very specific torque weight on the three bolts that you loosen or tighten when installing.

rblack22

2 things I can say so far.

-Very simple, easy hook up. The funnel works great. Drop it on the ball. Push in the locking handle, safety chains and Done!!
-That being said, you do need to raise the pin a lot higher to clear the ball when hooking and unhooking.

-The entire system is extremely solid and well built. It never made a noise when dropping the trailer on. No squeaking or creaking. Not a sound in the 30 mile test.

2mgurza.png

1heb5x.png

I mounted the coupler behind the king pin so it put the locking lever on the passenger side. I ended up mounting it near the end of the Pin box. Easier to access it from behind the truck. I might move it later.
vcz495.png

Were there holes in your pin box for bolts for safety chains or did you add them to the Moryde? I like this better than the eye bolts in the coupler.

KenandKK

I have this hitch. Use it to pull my heartland gateway 3650 BH. Would strongly recommend it. Very easy to install and remove. I looked in several different options and this one was for and away the best.

I would recommend caring a socket set and torque wrench. Calls for very specific torque weight on the three bolts that you loosen or tighten when installing.

I agree to the torque wrench and would like to add checking the Allen set screws on the king pin adapter.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

CoveredWagon

I would recommend carrying a socket set and torque wrench. Calls for very specific torque weight on the three bolts that you loosen or tighten when installing.

just to make this clear to those who may not understand the tools are only needed when installing the hitch in the truck, not when hitching the Rv

JWalker

Were there holes in your pin box for bolts for safety chains or did you add them to the Moryde? I like this better than the eye bolts in the coupler.

I added the holes for the chain shackles. 1/2" holes into the pin box. Anderson has a safety chain adapter kit that replaces the bolts in the coupler. I decided to attach them to the Pin box instead of the coupler.

CoveredWagon

I purchased the Andersen chain kit. You get two chains with hooks on one end and a shackle on the other end. I took the two shackle ends and attached them together and looped them around the the main block of the hitch that sits over the gooseneck ball in the bed of the truck. The hooks I clip onto the eye bolts that Andersen supplies with the chain kit