Announcing the Fall 2009 Virginia Chapter Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I have to agree that the pig picking has to be up in the NC mountains. There's a CG I've been wanting to try (something like "Gerties"... near Biltmore) ... food for thought (pun intended). However, that makes it too far south to be the East Coast Rally for the NJ group. It could just be the pig rodeo for the people who want to drive that far (SC folks aren't far from this one and neither are the TN folks)

Hmmmm, Hudson, start investigating that for next Fall. We're having an "East Coast Rally" in MD or VA next Spring, so going to Western NC seems palatable to me for our "local" club rally.

Hudson

Geez

We have our 15 year old son that is going with us, do you know of other children or teenagers (not sure which they rather be called today) that will be there?

Where were you when I posted a request for everyone to send me their kids info? :confused::rolleyes::p;) We've got six kids so far plus yours now. With yours added, the count is five girls aged 10, 10, 10, 12, and 14; and two boys aged 8 and 15. Tracy is planning some events for the kids already and already has gotten some games and activities. "Kids Agenda" to follow. BTW, all the kid's stuff is on Saturday and should keep them busy during the rig tours, etc.

If anyone cares, at least three of these kids are home schooled (girls 10, 10, and 14).

Kind of a gap between the boy's ages ... might be hard for them to find a common interest ... unless it's girls ... which are conveniently all right between them in ages :angel::eek:

A Pig Pickin?

If I decide to become Assistant Wagonmaster, do I get to help plan a pig picking? Eat pig in the mountains in the fall? Hmmm, this could be fun! My arm's feeling a little twisting going on...

Can I be called the Assistant Wagonmistress? That would be a fun "Say It Five Times Fast" contest.

Ok, I'll do it.:eek:

... Sounds like someone's volunteering to be assistant wagonmaster for this. And you just said my two favorite words in the English language: "Ba ... con".

Hudson

Food, final

Okay, except for the Burnhams (special case) I have sent everyone on my mailing list an email about the food specific to them. If you don't have an email from me, let me know somehow. The emails were sent out mostly last night and some this morning.

boatto5er

"Kind of a gap between the boy's ages ... might be hard for them to find a common interest ... unless it's girls ... which are conveniently all right between them in ages"

Hmmmm, in my experience, 8 year old boys and girls mix like water and oil!:D Now 15 year old boys and girls - there's a different story!:eek:

Hudson

If I decide to become Assistant Wagonmaster, do I get to help plan a pig picking? Eat pig in the mountains in the fall? Hmmm, this could be fun! My arm's feeling a little twisting going on...

Can I be called the Assistant Wagonmistress? That would be a fun "Say It Five Times Fast" contest.

Ok, I'll do it.:eek:

Tracy warned me not to call you Assistant Wagonmistress even though that was my first choice. She said it might bug you, but I think it's cute ... and it's just chauvinistic enough to be the kind of thing I might say. (Oops, it's too dangerous to be a male chauvinist pig at a pig-pickin' in the NC mountains:eek:).

boatto5er

Tracy warned me not to call you Assistant Wagonmistress even though that was my first choice. She said it might bug you, but I think it's cute ... and it's just chauvinistic enough to be the kind of thing I might say. (Oops, it's too dangerous to be a male chauvinist pig at a pig-pickin' in the NC mountains:eek:).

So, just out of curiosity, what's a pig cost? ($$$$$) Hudson knows how much I like to get into details early:eek:. (I'm a Project Manager by vocation, so I tend to apply eary resource requirements analysis to everything else also!)

By the way, has anyone else noticed how we've managed to seamlessly transition from the '09 Fall Rally to next year's Fall's Rally? Time to start a new thread???

timdebs

What is the final count on the rigs going? Also Gus, since I am going to miss you backing in and I hear that is fun to watch, I will let you back mine in so I can see what I missed.

jbeletti

I did not coin the title but recently, another wagon master referred to his wife as the wagon madame. :eek:

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
With all this talk of being watched while backing in your spot,I think I am going to come in a day early.

boatto5er

What is the final count on the rigs going? Also Gus, since I am going to miss you backing in and I hear that is fun to watch, I will let you back mine in so I can see what I missed.

35 Trailers, not counting the two Chesapeake RV Solutions is bringing down, and 1 Tent. I would love to back that 39 foot Landmark in. And fortunately for you, I believe there are no trees in the way:eek:! (Actually, I think I back up pretty well. I have to put my 32 footer into a 35 foot driveway every time we pack for a trip and again when we come home to unload.:)):D

boatto5er

You guys have really got me excited about this rally with all these posts!:D Now how am I going to get any work done Monday and Tuesday morning.:confused: (or the rest of today for that matter?)

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Gus,I think we are parked beside of you at the rally.So as a good neighbor no filming allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.