Announcing the Fall 2009 Virginia Chapter Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Informal Rally Yard Sale

If you have an RV or camping related item (or roughly associated with camping) you'd like to offer up for sale at the rally, please post a short description on the forum rally thread to let everyone know it will be available. I'm going to keep this really informal. No set times or anything. If you see something you like posted, get together with that person at the rally and barter away. Please don't contact anyone using the rally forum thread. However, it's OK if you want to PM someone. Let's keep this clean and friendly (no arguing over a set of $10 JT Stabilizers
01.gif
). This will be a strictly off the cuff, first come, first served event. And no, I will not be available to arbitrate - I do that in real life and will be on vacation at the rally
03.gif
. (I also sent this out in an email to everyone.)

timdebs

Gus don't tell DW because she will be trying to get rid of all my junk, I mean treasures, not to mention saying things like "when is the last time you used that or what do you need it for." Bad part about it is she is right but...

schipperhaven

Don Ferris
Patty O'Room for sale

Hey folks -- we'll be at the rally and have a A&E Patty O'Room for sale. It has barely been used. A friend bought it for his tagalong and then bought a motorhome with power awning. I bought the room from him and put it on my tagalong. Then we bought a Bighorn 3670. And it fit -- until we scrapped our sunchaser awning for a Weather-Pro. So no more Patty O'Room!

It's 13 feet long, and it's the tall model. As I said above, it fit fine on our manual awning on the Bighorn. All of the hardware will be supplied with it, along with a skirt and full instructions. It is in really excellent condition. We'll take best offer -- it would cost about $550 new. If someone wants it, let us know by PM and we'll bring it to you. If no answer, we're putting it on eBay on or about 9/10. We have to get rid of it becase we're starting out full-time for 30 months right after the rally, and our house is rented out!

Can't wait to meet all of ya!
Don and Dot

RV Cover & Tow Mirrors For Sale

Thanks for allowing us to post items here, Gus.

We've got an Adco RV cover that fits 28'7" to 31'6" and is the SFS Aqua Shed fabric (for rainy climates, but not for intense sunny and snowy climates). We've had it for 4 years and only used it for one brief winter period. I believe it has a small corner tear on the back right (passenger) side, if memory serves, that needs to be patched.

We bought it for approximately $270 and will sell it for $125.

We've got a pair of tow mirrors that strap on and adjust. One mirror is cracked. We will sell those for $10.

We'll be at site 382 Thursday to Sunday.

Last edited:

PSF513

Virginia Chapter Rally

We have finally managed to get our site (#387). Apparently Mr Hall will be a no show. Looking forward to meeting new folks and seeing a couple of old friends

boatto5er

That's great news Pete. We look forward to seeing you. You'll be right across the street from Deb and I. Yep, the Hill's had a scheduling conflict and had to cancel.

boatto5er

I just thought of another rally activity. I'll prepare some "Parking Rating Scorecards". Those of us who are coming in Thursday, or earlier, will rate everyone coming in on Friday on how well they park and also how quickly they get parked:eek::D. We'll talley the scores and give a prize for high and low scores at the Saturday Pot Luck???? OK-Bad Idea:eek:. I WAS JUST KIDDING;).

I'll leave the agenda building to Hudson...

Parking Olympiads

Too bad you're kidding, Gus! I love parking and usually do a pretty good job.:cool:

We're all getting excited here and can't wait to meet everyone on the OBX!

carolinachrissy and clan

Jim & Harriet

rally hello

hi mitch and pam,
sorry i did not reply sooner. missed your note. hope to get a chance to see your sundance and compare notes and see whats new for 2010.

looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones.
j, h & max

ps: are you the burnsville near charlotte or the one near winston-salem? on mapquest it showed two. have you visited or stayed-at any campgrounds around lake norman? it looks beautiful there.

boatto5er

Rally Factoids

I sent the following out by email to rally attendees last week, but thought it might be interesting for everyone (*the greatest distance is actually apprx 806 miles, but I didn't have that when the email originally went out - I'll revise the averages, etc later):

Here's a few interesting numbers concerning the Cape Hatteras rally (you might want to memorize these - but of course, they are subject to change):

Current number of attendees (trailers) 36
Full-Timers 1
SC 1
GA 1
NJ 2
MD 4
NC 9
VA 18

Most Represented City, 8 - (Norfolk, VA Beach, Chesapeake, Suffolk Megopolis)
By Itself, 3 - Chesapeake

Miles To Get There
Greatest 627*-see above
Least 37
Mean 247
Median 251
Mode 107

No, I'm not going to define the last three
04.gif
, but I believe I got them right. No second guessing allowed.

Most "popular" model = Sundance 2900MK (6 attending:))

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
I just thought of another rally activity. I'll prepare some "Parking Rating Scorecards". Those of us who are coming in Thursday, or earlier, will rate everyone coming in on Friday on how well they park and also how quickly they get parked:eek::D. We'll talley the scores and give a prize for high and low scores at the Saturday Pot Luck???? OK-Bad Idea:eek:. I WAS JUST KIDDING;).

I'll leave the agenda building to Hudson...
Glad i am coming in on Thursday!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Wow, from what I see we get to watch everybody.:D:D:D We're arriving the previous Saturday. Afterall, somebody's gotta check in early to sweep Gus & Deb's pad before they get there:eek::eek::eek:. Hey Gus I'll trade you a good sweeping for a melon baller. Can't fault a girl for trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.