Another Mod Bites the Dust

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I've finished replacing the Day/Night shades in the main slide large windows. Sooo much nicer to operate and they function a heck of a lot better. Wife is pleased.

To install, I reused the top valances and some of the fabric/backing of the side valance. Had to extend them out about another 1 1/4" to allow the blinds to swing. Also had to cut the "molding" that separates the end cabinets from the rest on both of them, as well as move the two reading lamps out a bit.

The sofa had to come away from the wall a little and the table is not screwed down, so it was simple to move it an inch or so. While I was fooling with the sofa, I removed the air mattress. We haven't used it since 2009 and it just adds weight. It might get used as a guest bed at the house, if needed. After the first time we had someone sleeping on the sofa in the rig, we decided never again.

The two smaller windows and the ones in the hall will get new blinds at a later date. No more mods on tap for this summer, time for serious beer drinking.

View attachment 30848View attachment 30849View attachment 30850

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Had those on the rear window of our Holiday Rambler...only thing I liked about that fiver...

JohnDar

Is there a way they are secured when you travel?

For the previously installed rear verticals, we open them all the way and slip a heavy rubber band on them. The same will work for these. There's enough tint on the windows so that a little sun won't hurt anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Got ambitious before leaving the rig for two weeks and removed the valences for the two small main slide windows and the hall window. They'll be rebuilt into sturdier valences to support the verticals I bought yesterday at Lowes. I reuse the fabric from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk