Any California Chrome Fans On Here?

scottyb

Any California Chrome fans out there? Will he get it done. 36 years since Affirmed, 11 horses have had a chance. All failed. 1973, My dad was a horse trainer. I was an apprentice rider. My whole family was glued to the television, It had been 25 years since Citation. 25 years was an eternity to me back then. I still get tears in my eyes when I see film clips of that race.

jbeletti

We're here at the Urbanna rally watching it during an outdoor pre-pre-rally potluck.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

donr827

The horse that won did not race in the two previous races and was much fresher. Read in the paper that of all of the horses that have won the triple crown none had more then 7 horses in the field.Don

scottyb

Yep. You are correct about the number of starters. I was amazed how many participants there were yesterday. It is probably one of the most difficult achievements in all of sports. It takes an absolute Super Horse. Especially due to the fact that they are not required to participate in all three races. I believe only 3 horses in the field ran in bothe the Derby and the Preakness. The owner is now catching a lot of grief about his comments after the race.

Did you notice the "31 legth pole" on the inside rail? This is what 31 lengths looks like.

Attachments

• IMAG0031_1.jpg
    IMAG0031_1.jpg
    278.9 KB · Views: 26

Kbvols

Yep. You are correct about the number of starters. I was amazed how many participants there were yesterday. It is probably one of the most difficult achievements in all of sports. It takes an absolute Super Horse. Especially due to the fact that they are not required to participate in all three races. I believe only 3 horses in the field ran in bothe the Derby and the Preakness. The owner is now catching a lot of grief about his comments after the race.

Did you notice the "31 legth pole" on the inside rail? This is what 31 lengths looks like.

Yeah the owner is getting ripped by some for his comments but as far as I am concerned he is right. My opinion is if you are going to promote a "triple crown" then the field of horses should be the same for all. Just my opinion. By no means am I a horse racing expert but just seems logical to me. Over $9 million bet on CC yesterday someone made some money.