Anyone having trouble with warranty work?

danemayer

This is brand new rv and I thought it is warranty issues, Purchased it at Camping World where the rig is now.
If the paint is defective, I assume Heartland will cover repairs. But that doesn't mean that Camping World can write a bill for any amount they want and expect Heartland to pay it. The same is true for any warranty repair. The manufacturer determines what a reasonable charge should be. Usually the selling dealer complies with the manufacturer. Maybe Camping World is not willing to do it at Heartland's reimbursement rate. Maybe they're not communicating effectively on what's needed.

Since you're now in the middle of this, you might want to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They can fill you in on Heartland's side of the story.

Timeout

If the paint is defective, I assume Heartland will cover repairs. But that doesn't mean that Camping World can write a bill for any amount they want and expect Heartland to pay it. The same is true for any warranty repair. The manufacturer determines what a reasonable charge should be. Usually the selling dealer complies with the manufacturer. Maybe Camping World is not willing to do it at Heartland's reimbursement rate. Maybe they're not communicating effectively on what's needed.

Since you're now in the middle of this, you might want to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They can fill you in on Heartland's side of the story.

Thanks , I have just given the info to Heartland and they are looking into it. I hope things get figured out soon.

Thank you for your input! I sure appreciate it very much.

john

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
John, HL is no different that a new car dealer. The factory only pays what the warranty book says it will pay for any warranty repair plus needed parts. There are no blank checks on warranty repairs.

Timeout

John, HL is no different that a new car dealer. The factory only pays what the warranty book says it will pay for any warranty repair plus needed parts. There are no blank checks on warranty repairs.

I understand what your saying, but CW is tell me a story and we are trying to get answers from the higher commanders in the executive chain and see what is going on. They are telling us they need more money from HL to do any painting. I think they are just blowing us off for cash customers and warranty is not priority one in their books.

brianlajoie

Not to hijack the thread...

I just got my trailer back after 3.5 weeks at the repair shop. Out of 8 items that were found, HRV coverd 6 of them under warranty. One item with the level up couldn't be diagonsed and seems to have corrected itself. The tack screw for the slide toppers was a dealer install issue. We had a certified RVDA/RVIA mobile tech work on the items and have been very satisfied with the results. The process between the tech and HRV takes awhile, but the results of the warranty work were very satisifactory.

bob34787

This is brand new rv and I thought it is warranty issues, Purchased it at Camping World where the rig is now.

since when does Heartland not believe the selling dealer about needed repairs??? if they don't like the estimate maybe they should work it out with camping world or better yet do a better job of QC!

SeattleLion

since when does Heartland not believe the selling dealer about needed repairs??? if they don't like the estimate maybe they should work it out with camping world or better yet do a better job of QC!

Heartland, like every other RV maker has a standard "hours" chart for every fix under warranty. A repair shop usually has to submit a photo of the issue in order to get approval to fix. This is routine. the hours chart is usually not terribly generous and rarely matches the actual time for fixes (according to my dealer). Heartland negotiates an hourly rate with each dealer and pays them for the number of hours the chart says a task takes. Car companies do the same thing.

Bob&Patty

Bob, the warranty times are posted for every car dealer just as they are for RV dealers. As you stated, they are not always be what a company wants for a repair. BUT, when they take on a product...they agree to abide by that time in dollars...period. Car dealers can ask for more labor time ($$), but it 1st has to be approved. It's called Other Labor Hours (OLH). I dealt with that for over 40 years in GM dealers. Sorry...that's just how it works, I don't care what product it is.

wdk450

Bob:
I can tell you from experience as a manufacturer's service representative that SALES is the big moneymaker for business, and service is a mostly an afterthought that hopefully just breaks even. In companies I worked for, the service force was pretty much ignored, and the sales guys got junkets to the Kentucky Derby (among many other perks).
So when it comes to compensation to the selling dealer for warranty repairs the Manufacturer/Dealer Sales and Service departments have no intercommunication.

The biggest lever I could get on Medical Equipment manufacturer service departments who were slow, couldn't get parts, etc. was to contact the local salesman for that company, and remind him of pending new equipment orders and his commission on those pending orders. Then suddenly the service departments responded.

Brianlajoie:
As I just posted on another thread, consider giving your RV servicer a "Tip" for their great service by posting a review on RVServiceReviews.com You might even E-mail the servicer a link to your posted review.

wdk450

Bill,

How do I get a RV servicer added to RVServiceReviews.com? I didn't see a way to add a company.

From http://rvservicereviews.com click on "To Tell Us about your good experiences or your bad experiences click here" That will take you to: http://rvservicereviews.com/ReviewAdd.asp?ReviewID=0&FacilityID=0 .This is a complete submission form with places to enter the servicer's data, along with your rating/comments. If you have any other problems, i suggest you contact the site webmaster by e-mail: admin@RVserviceReviews.com

Farnum

I bought a cyclone 3800 toyhauler in May 2014, we have had several issues. Starting with the air-conditioners both of them gave condensation inside the trailer and then the water heater had issues also, microwave which never work from day one. The upholstery coming apart at the seams in the dinette, I have more to list, but I'll stop with that. You would think that Hartland warranty would cover all this, HA. I took it into camping world for repair, that was a experience in itself. Anyhow the air-conditioners are fixed along with the water heater but the dinette was denied as the microwave. They said I have to contact the manufacture for that microwave, which I did they were going to send a repair man, but I have to uninstalled it from the RV, so I guess that's left up to me the consumer. As far as the dinette we did not discover the seems coming apart until a few day after receiving the RV, they denied it due to normal wear and tear. What's normal 3 months? Just my husband and I.... Has anyone had or having the same experience???? Not our fist RV.

jimtoo

Hi Farnum,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Sounds to me like your dealer does not want to work and take care of your problems and that you did not get a very good PDI. Have you contacted Heartland yourself to verify what your dealer told you? If not call Heartland Customer Service, 574-262-8030 or 877-262-8032, have your VIN and explain your problems with your dealer.

Jim M

wdk450

Way back when in my first year of ownership (2009), I had what was a common problem with the Apollo Microwave Convection Oven only working about 2 minutes. My selling dealer contacted Heartland. got a replacement unit through them, and the dealer's serviceman removed the old microwave, and installed the new one. I wonder if policies have changed. You might try to speak to Eric McDaniel, head of Heartland Service on this one.

My microwave front bezel only required the removal of 4 hole plugs and 4 screws to access the microwave, though.

Bob&Patty

Farnum, I think I know who you bought your coach from. Forget it. Call Temecula Valley RV at 951-894-2347 and ask for Bill or Marty. They are a repair shop only and will do HL warranty work for you. They are located close to the I-15 and Murrieta Hot Springs Rd. PM me with you PH# and we can talk a bit about your issues. I was their yesterday and they had a CY and a BH in for repairs. Good people to deal with and they go the extra mile to make you happy. In fact they are going to at our Socal rally next weekend at Pechanga.

Farnum

Yes I have talked HL, they are the ones that told me about the microwave and dinette. Very frustrating the lady I dealt with at heartland is Elaine 877-262-8032. I must say she is a nice lady, she has helped me get some repairs done. I have become so frustrated with these last two items that I told her to forget about it, she called back to tell me to get the dinette fixed and send her the bill she would try to get me a reimbursement. I don't understand why I should be bothered with all this, after all warranty work should not be the consumer problem or should it be? Oh by the way on our last trip out the kitchen sink fell in, no worries HL my husband did the warranty work for you....