ATF: Big Country - Shower Door Handles have come off

bigdob24

The shower door handles on our BC 3070 RE have come off.
I have been to all the glass shops in town and no luck on the right thickness tape to reinstall.
These doors are from Shower Enclosures America, Inc. , they are a tri fold design with a handle on each end.
I'm in need of the tape and installation instructions to reinstall these.
Thanks

lynndiwagoner

Manufacturer sent me the tape along with the instructions. Tape is waay too thick to install the way they want it done. Ended up buying some 5 minute epoxy from local store and just using it to glue handles to glass. Worked great. A little messy but a good razor blade job will clean up the excess epoxy. I've got the instructions on my computer but can't seem to figure out how to attach them. Sorry

Attachments

• TRI-SLIDE BETA COMPONENTS (CURRENT).pdf
    84.4 KB · Views: 36
  • Tri-Slide Handle Attaching Instructions.pdf
    146.8 KB · Views: 59

MCTalley

We used RV Goop to put one of ours back on (minus the black rubber tape). That was several months ago and it is still attached.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have used RV Goop for other applications and it seems to work well. I got mine at Walmart.

Look (HERE) for more information about the product. Trace

bigdob24

RV Goop looks like something to keep around.
I got a reply back from the manufacturer and they are sending me new tape ( 2 different thickness ) and there installation directions.
I looked the installation and they recommend 2 part 5 Min epoxy then put there tape over that and a bit more epoxy on the Handel and press it on , clean up and take a shower.
Thanks to everyone's ideas .
Dan

timpas

Same thing happened to us with our 2014 BC 3070 RE in Sep 2014. One handle came off. Happened on the road. Secured the door using the latch as designed and continued home. On the way the middle sliding door shattered. Maybe because the right handle was the one that was off and maybe the door flopped back and forth and shattered. Awaiting two weeks now for factory warranty approval and replacement door. If it happens again we'll try the Goop.

SeattleLion

The handle was on the floor when we first saw our BH 3160. The dealer lost it. It's there now and hopefully they will have gotten a new one and reinstalled it. Looks to me like this handle is a problem for a lot of us.

I used 5 minute Epoxy without the tape. I put masking tape on the bottom of handle so it would run down the glass.
Worked great!
PS Hot glue did not work.