ATF: Bighorn - Front clearance lights

TedS

I was pleased when I really noticed the front clearance lights on my 2011 Big Horn that they are LEDs. Why would you limit use of LEDs to the front clearance lights and not use them for the running and turn, brake, signal lights?
I have since my purchase replaced the four turn, brake, signal lights with LED type lights.

jnbhobe

My 09 Bighorn has LED clearance lights on the front cap from the factory. Are you talking about lower side lights??

TedS

No, top front clearance lights. I am asking the factory why not do all exterior lights LED rather than a mix. That has to make a record-keeping problem to track what was put on when.

jnbhobe

I changed everything else to LED's and added side turn lights also. Only the blind can miss it now.

K

karykatz

Ted,

Just to let you know. Starting Mid August 2012 Bighorn and Landmark will have new rear caps that will include LED brake and turn lights. I know this will make everyond happy.

We are listening. Thanks for all the support.

rick_debbie_gallant

Ted,

Just to let you know. Starting Mid August 2012 Bighorn and Landmark will have new rear caps that will include LED brake and turn lights. I know this will make everyond happy.

We are listening. Thanks for all the support.

GREAT, now I got to get a new rig!!

dave10a

I too have wondered why not use LED's, but I think it is the cost difference. I replaced two of my clearance lights and found them to be significantly more money than incandescent standard lights. As it turned out the factory installed the lights backwards. All I needed to do was reverse the wires. Now I have two spare LEDs that I will probably never use. Also, the clearance lights Heatland uses are not that easy to find and most places do not stock them. I finally found some at a well stocked trailer parts store.

ihsolutions

Starting Mid August 2012 Bighorn and Landmark will have new rear caps that will include LED brake and turn lights. I know this will make everyond happy.

Everyone except the people who have earlier models!!!! Just kidding around... I'm glad to see this change.