ATF: Bighorn - Winterizing Big Horn

hapjack

Does the water pump draw anti-freese from the bottle from the winterizing hose in the UDC? Where can I find a bottle that fits the hose. This is the first time we had to winterize.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The winterizing pickup hose will fit in a one gallon jug.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Check page 13 of the Winterization Guide that Dan refers to. The uptake hose is too short to reach the ground, so make yourself the adapter in the photo. If you're doing the job by yourself, it might also help to pour a couple/three of the antifreeze jugs into a 5 gallon bucket, rather than using individual 1 gallon jugs. That way you can operate the faucets inside while pumping the antifreeze and not cavitate the pump when the small jug empties.

57chevyconvt

A suggestion as it relates to the 3-way valves. Make sure the valve stem rotates with the valve handle. To preform this check, remove the valve handle after the valve has been rotated to the desired position to make sure the valve stem rotated with the handle. My experience has been that the valve stem/ball will stick to the internal Teflon sleeve/seat and will not be rotated by the small plastic handle, rather the handle will turn on the stem. If this happens, the only course is to replace the valve with a quality valve that has a metal handle.