ATF: Cyclone - 300C rides to high in front - Is there a shorter pin box?

CrazyCooter

I'm in Temecula, CA. Are you in S Cal area? I am trying to find the correct spacers and u Bolts to raise my 300C axles at the springs. Just heard that lowering my F-250 will reduced its load capacity so my only option is change hitch to one with height adjustment or raise the trailer.

Nope, far Northern CA. Adding spacers blocks is not something I can recommend to you.

I added a leaf to the springs that netted 5/8" and a much more stable ride. The G614's since they don't squish so much and got a little more. 2" for the Correct Track lift.

I don't know why lowering your truck properly would reduce your carrying capacity. I did a 4x4 dually for a guy years back that used it for a work truck. You cant get much out of the front, but sometimes the rear is just a matter of a shorter lift block.

Where could I find the extra spring you mentioned? Are you saying the correct track added 2''? I checked out the correct track website but couldn't find specific parts for my Cyclone. It seems my simplest option is to change to a non slider hitch that allows vertical adjustment.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
Where could I find the extra spring you mentioned? Are you saying the correct track added 2''? I checked out the correct track website but couldn't find specific parts for my Cyclone. It seems my simplest option is to change to a non slider hitch that allows vertical adjustment.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

The retrofit Correct Track will add 2". It will work on your trailer. Far as I know know the Cyclones all come with correct track hangers as those ride at the same height but maybe a 1/2" higher.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 3 HD

I found the list of CT dealers. I think this is my best bet to level the trailer. Last time I backed my golf cart into the garage which places the heaviest part (6 batteries) towards the axles the fish tailing was impossible to replicate. I was try different speeds and couldn't get it to fish tail without really trying.

CrazyCooter

I get my spring plate from a local blacksmith shop. Sounds like you need to find a qualified suspension shop to get this going for you.

Help! I'm in the middle of installing the CT II but the zerk fittings on the top of the equalizer is in the way of the spacer that comes with the CT II parts. Anyone know how to deal with this? I left a voicemail for Sonny with Mobile outfitters.

CrazyCooter

I think I had to remove the 90deg zerts and install strait ones. To lube I just drive up on blocks on one axle, lube it, then repeat for the other axle.

Crazycooter thanks for the fast reply. I was told to flip the spacers from vertical to horizontal. I don't like that idea. I am going to try and locate flush type zerks so I can keep the spacer vertical. Anyone thought about changing the existing equalizer with the Trailair center point?

gpshemi

You'll miss by a mile without a slider as well. Thanks to the nose cap that heartland uses on these trailers. Your assumption is flawed as it assumes the nose cap is squared.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 3 HD

Here's a guy who posted turning issues with his setup some time ago.
Hardly a mile and he's about into the side of the cab already.
Note: Sundance is 5" narrower than a Cyclone with the same patented nose.
I was just suggesting your mileage may vary was all.

Cab Hit.jpg