2013 Dodge mega cab / 2014 cyclone 3110 toy hauler too high in front ??????

thirdtimeround

Dear Taken, you gave me an answer ? The Curt Q-20 is all the way down ! The pin box can go 3'' up (maybe). And I have factory installed correct track. Welded on ! Just looking for reasonable answers. Not looking to reinvent the wheel. I didn't call Lippert ,they called me after not responding by email for over a week. I sent an email asking ,how long does it take to respond ? Glad to see other people have the same problem. Mike

Cjackg

Sure seems like 3110 owners with recent trucks are having this problem.

Are other recent Cyclone (tandem) models also having similar problems?

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Mike (thirdtimeround) has been having trouble uploading a pic of his trailer. He emailed it to me with a request for help so here is the pic of his Cyclone.

Attachments

• 5th wheel nose high.jpg
    5th wheel nose high.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 143

taken

Dearest Mike, I must have missed where you said you had the factory correct track already installed. Oh wait, you never mentioned it. You must have expected me to read your mind. You related to my wife? LOL... I'd certainly start with getting that pinbox up as high as it can go. I was able to get mine up quite a bit. There's not only the holes that are easily seen but also a set hidden up above the trim piece. There are some circumstances where you just can't get a trailer level but the goal is to get it as close as possible which is what I shot for.

porthole

Retired
Mike, the picture Debbie posted sure makes it look odd or exaggerated. If you want, with the trailer off the truck and level (just front to back) measure the distance between the ground and the J-wrap, both ends and both sides. I'll do the same when it stops raining.

My trailer is a 3010, but is basically the same frame with the body having 3 slides.

My trailer will be about 2" higher then when purchased due to the installation of MOR/ryde independent suspension.
With my truck, hitch and trailer setup I am about as level as can be.

My hitch helps a bit with that though. It is an air ride and I can set the height with the bag pressure. That is a real advantage for the times when I need extra truck bed rail clearance. For those times I can just pump the bags up to maximum and gain 2" of extra clearance.

And, as I mentioned in a previous post, one of the reasons for buying the Ford DRW when it was time for a new truck was that of all six models (Ford, Dodge & GM, SRW and DRW), the Ford DW was about 4" lower then the other 5.

Cjackg

This is an important thread, but seems to have taken a negative track! Can we get back to the main subject...?

Are there a lot of 3110 owners (with recent trucks) dealing with this same problem? Are owners with other Cyclone models having similar problems?

Ladiver

I have a 3100 with a 2013 GMC3500 SRW. My truck/trailer is pretty level. I made no adjustments, but the clearance of the rails is about 4". I wish it were more, but it is what it is. I just need to be aware of it if we go off road. I have only been in one situation when there was ALMOST contact made. On the other hand, when I jack-knife, there is a slight interference between the kingpin and my Bedlocker Rails (which are above the bed rail). I plan on grinding a little bit to remove the interference.

whp4262

I just bought a 2013 Chevy DRW HD 3500 but haven't hooked it to the Cyclone yet, still waiting for the Reese under bed rail kit which is on back order. Curious to see how it sets compared to my Dodge that this truck replaced.

Hippy

Ladiver, that's the clearance I had when I backed into my driveway at 60% and 2% incline. The nose rocked a little left and right and caused damage to the left side of my bed rail to include the electrical box. Be aware even though you have 4" clearance, when turning, the light underneith takes away about and 1".

porthole

Retired
Something else to consider with lower clearances. My truck has a roll top bed cover, which uses rails that sit inside the bed perimeter. My hitch will hit the rail if I turn tight enough. This would be only when backing as with a Ford it is pretty hard to make a tight turn.

As long as I remember, it is simple enough for me to inflate the bags and raise the hitch. But, something to consider for those of you with bed covers and rails.

thirdtimeround

Just adjusted the pin box up to the highest hole which was the next hole up. Exactly 2'' higher at pin. Weather real bad here so will hook up next week and test. Wondering what a 2'' drop in front does over the length of 38' for the rear? I believe it should multiply?? The cover has to modified or discarded now. Any Math Majors so we can get some calculations/guessing going ! Mike

thirdtimeround

So I hooked it up today, and parked on fairly level ground. I am now just 4'' higher in the front than the back. I have 7-1/2" of bed rail to 5th wheel body clearance. But it looks like the pin box to bed rail clearance is awfully close on level ground when turning. Forget about using my slide hitch with the tailgate. So I fixed one thing and screwed up 3 others. No Tailgate, no nice pin box cover, loss of slider use. I'm starting to think leaf spring blocks maybe 2-3'' and new u-bolts. Mike

jnbhobe

The Mor-Ryde deal for the Urbanna rally is open to all heartland owners, Independent Suspension and Disc Brakes will give you a great ride and stopping power plus add 3-4 inches of height at the wheels and you will get a completely adjustable suspension ( caster, camber, toe-in ).

ramdually4100king

Try filling your water tank or put cinder blocks in the truck bed. That should bring the trailer level. Your screwed wrt leveling a 4x4 truck since it is 2 inches higher in the front then a 4x2.

thirdtimeround

What's WRT ? Water tank is full. Not into bricks,but will be adding a 35 gallon fuel tank. Looked at that Mor Ryde on line. Boy that video shows our axles just taken a beating ! But from what they say it gives you up to 4'' of leaf spring travel not 4'' of lift. I was on line earlier and found a web site with lift blocks. That will change my garage ramp door angle so no more than 2-3". Anybody get rid of the hitch and go goose neck ? That may fix everything. Stock tailgate,bed rail problems, height adjustment ,Mike

thirdtimeround

Ramdaully4100king ,said " your screwed WRT trying to level a 4x4". What is WRT? I'm old, and tired and beat up from life and try not to think to hard at tis point. Mike