ATF: Cyclone - Electrical, plumbing, TV, wirings, Drawings Specific to my trailer

Does Heartland maintain construction drawings for each specific trailer they build? It would sure be helpful to owners trying to trouble shoot and repair problems that should never exist from the factory. Since Quality Control does not seam to be high on the priority list at Heartland, at least give us the tools to repair things ourselves. Not everyone has time to let their trailers sit at the dealer for weeks waiting on repairs.

scottyb

I asked some the same question and even called the factory about an electrical diagram for our unit when we 1st bought the Cyclone. Not because I was having issues but because that's what I do. I have plans and asbuilt drawings of everything I build, both at work and at home. The best you are going to get is the Heartland Owner's Manuals under the "Tools" menu above. There is a ton of useful information and a lot of troubleshooting guides, some specific and some more general.

remoandiris

They'd have to come up with specific drawings for every coach that comes off the line. Sure, they follow the same general building processes for each coach, but they don't have their procedures in such a way that every coach in the same model is the same. If they were, there would be far fewer variances and far fewer build quality issues.

Well Heartland sent me a (new updated) drawing of the Satalite, cable, and air tv coax layout. At least they tried to help, but the drawing did not help because it did not even come close to matching what my trailer has.
So I started to do some NDT (Non destructive testing) to determine what I have. I took the TV Booster down from the ceiling and found out that there was no Satalite cable connected. Why would Heartland install a TV in the master bedroom without prepping it for Satalite. They preped for roof Satalite, and outside tv to have Satalite but not the Master Bedroom?
I will try to run a coax down the wall into the basement and split it off the outside TV connection. I hope I can get it down the wall.

porthole

Retired
TV Booster down from the ceiling and found out that there was no Satalite cable connected.

Been that way since at least the 2010 Cyclones that I know of.
I know you don't want to hear it, but you are better off buying quality cable and connectors and splitters (quad cable, compression connectors, satellite quality splitters etc) and doing it yourself, correctly, in a plan that fits your needs.

And yes, most of us Cycloner's know that the wall plate in the bedroom says "Satellite"

Thanks Porthole, That's exactly what I plan to do. It is just so fustrating the way they do, or better yet don't do, things at Heartland. I should have researched a little more before I purchased.
Kent

porthole

Retired
Thanks Porthole, That's exactly what I plan to do. It is just so fustrating the way they do, or better yet don't do, things at Heartland. I should have researched a little more before I purchased.
Kent

All manufactures build RV's, doesn't mean they have cable installation experts in house ..............
It is frustrating, but in the end you will be better off knowing you have a quality cable and connectors installed.

What I found with our trailer is that the cable that was there, was a superior grade of Belden, but the connectors were cheap and installed poorly.

Well I got Satellite to the bedroom.
The outside TV had the coax conneced so I split the signal there. I then ran the coax up thru the floor into the bedroom under the dresser. I followed the washer drain into the closet. Up the inside closet wall behind the washer access. Then across 2 Ft of the ceiling to the TV booster.
It took about 2 hours but it was worth it.
Thanks for all the advice and ideas