ATF: Cyclone - Rear Awning Issues

hamangum

Well, another trip in day one and not good luck.
In addition to what seems to be issues with all 3 ACs- now the rear awning will not retract. It clicks like its getting power but nothing happens. This is the second time I have had it out. So frustrating! Less than a month old and seems like issues around every corner.
It is not the fuse- any thoughts?"

BLHFUN

I know this is a silly Question, but did you remove the two awning holders that connect to the rear of the TH? Also, can you share what the AC's are doing?

hamangum

I know this is a silly Question, but you did remove the two awning holders that connect to the rear of the TH? Also, can you share what the AC's doing?
Not a silly question because I dont even know what you are talking about. The dealer didn't show us anything of the nature. please explain.
Also, the ACs never shut off regardless of what temperature they are on. The run full speed all the time when on cool and it never fully cools off even when its only like 80 outside.

BLHFUN

Well. The that's not the issue for sure.. The rear awning has two slides that come out from each end of the awning. Grab a ladder and look at the end of the awning. The slides have a silver slide at the end. pull straight out to the end and then rotate towards the TH. You have an orange lock that you release to extend it towards the trailer. It locks in to a slide on the TH and is there to protect the awning from collapsing. I'll take pictures tomorrow of each step and post them.

For the AC's, check what mode you have fan On. Personally I set the fan to Auto and then set your AC' to the desired temp. If your fan is on high, it will sometimes override the AC compressor. Turn it off and check your ambient temp and see if it's reading correctly. I can't imagine all three are faulty. Probably a fan setting. Also, the AC can be opened to Dump the cold air faster directly down. I suggest dumping the air first to cool it off, then forcing it through the vents. The fact they are never shutting down sounds like the fan is on high.

DocFather

Well. The that's not the issue for sure.. The rear awning has two slides that come out from each end of the awning. Grab a ladder and look at the end of the awning. The slides have a silver slide at the end. pull straight out to the end and then rotate towards the TH. You have an orange lock that you release to extend it towards the trailer. It locks in to a slide on the TH and is there to protect the awning from collapsing. I'll take pictures tomorrow of each step and post them.

There is nothing like that on my 3 Cyclone awnings. FYI Ham . . . See it you can assist it while someone else works the switch. If it works that way, then it needs lubed.

bobca1

Pictures would be great would like see too. I pulled the slides out of my rear awning during last trip to CO river but the ends seem incompatible with the brackets on sides of the rear door... They won't slide into the bracket. Possible I'm doing something wrong, but doesn't seem like it should be that complicated to attach. Anyone else have issue with this?

Atczdc

I had the same issue with my rear awning, It just got stuck open. There is a manual override on the right side. I used a 3/8ths ratchet to crank it back in. Turn Slow. The other issue I had was with the stabilizing arms that extend with the awning. One had come loose and collapsed. It was an easy fix, just by tightening the attachment bolt, but make sure that it is in the same posistion as the other arm. I have not had any issue since. Good Luck!

scottyb

Pictures would be great would like see too. I pulled the slides out of my rear awning during last trip to CO river but the ends seem incompatible with the brackets on sides of the rear door... They won't slide into the bracket. Possible I'm doing something wrong, but doesn't seem like it should be that complicated to attach. Anyone else have issue with this?

The little pin slides all the way up to the top the bracket. Then after you insert the foot of the arm or brace (whatever you want to call it), the pin slides back down over it and locks it into place. Removal is just the opposite.

bobca1

Thanks for details that's how I figured it should work, but on my brackets after I slide the pin up the foot will not fit flat in the bracket cant slide the pin back down to lock it in place. The foot is slightly to big. Looks like if I cut or grind little metal off the foot then I can get it to fit flat.

BLHFUN, PLease post pictures as I was not shown of this feature as well. I will check tonight as I always thought the awning was low when extended. I have notced clip points on the frame of the garage door that llok like smaller awning clamps that were on our old TT when you removed the posts to set up falt on the ground. Thanks.

BLHFUN

ok guys. 1st Picture - CLOSED POSITION after extending Awning - 2nd Picture - Extending the Arm OUT of the Awning. 3rd and 4th PICS show the 3 Piece arm. The Lower potion has a Stop Button - Pull it out until the button clips. the TOP portion is controlled by the Orange Handle - Pull out to Extend the Arm and then lock in place. 5th picture shows the Clip on the TH. Push the Silver Slides UP, Connect the awning arm and SLIDE it down to lock it in to Place. Then the finished product. There is too much weight on this awning to not use the Arms. AND.... Work computer! ARG! - I'll Post the actual PICS from my Phone in just a minute

BLHFUN

Picturesimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg. This is just one side, but you do the same on both sides of the awning. When you put the arm back in the stowed position. Make sure you rotate the two Wings to slide in the groves or you will bind it trying slide the arms back in to the awning image.jpg. Look close and you can see the wings. Rotate away from the TH and slides right in. Hope this helps!

forgive my sloppy writing on my cell

BLHFUN

Thanks for details that's how I figured it should work, but on my brackets after I slide the pin up the foot will not fit flat in the bracket cant slide the pin back down to lock it in place. The foot is slightly to big. Looks like if I cut or grind little metal off the foot then I can get it to fit flat.

Correct. My left clip was fine. My right clip had be filed Down to fit under the slide. One of those "REALLY?" Moments

Hippy

Blhfun, I posted a video approx. 3 weeks ago under (Awning fuse keeps popping) that shows how the rear awning support arm works. Hopefully that helps a little. If you can't find it all pm you.

BLHFUN

Thanks Hippy! My Dealer was one of the few that actually showed me how to Use the Arms. I was trying to help others that didn't get the help from the Dealer. I'll try and watch your Video's tonight. Pictures and videos are always helpful!

Good looking TH you have!

hamangum

Thanks so much. I thought the awning was sitting a little low! This is very helpful. I sure appreciate it. Now if I can get the dealership with this awesome warranty service they always talk about to call me back so I can get it fixed.

PicturesView attachment 37147View attachment 37148View attachment 37149View attachment 37150View attachment 37151View attachment 37152. This is just one side, but you do the same on both sides of the awning. When you put the arm back in the stowed position. Make sure you rotate the two Wings to slide in the groves or you will bind it trying slide the arms back in to the awning View attachment 37153. Look close and you can see the wings. Rotate away from the TH and slides right in. Hope this helps!

forgive my sloppy writing on my cell

BLHFUN

Thanks so much. I thought the awning was sitting a little low! This is very helpful. I sure appreciate it. Now if I can get the dealership with this awesome warranty service they always talk about to call me back so I can get it fixed.

no problem. I connect everything up, then use the Orange release to slide the awning up or down to either level it, or just raise the awning. Just play with a bit. (After you get the thing fixed of course) Good luck!

jeffdee

Well, another trip in day one and not good luck.
In addition to what seems to be issues with all 3 ACs- now the rear awning will not retract. It clicks like its getting power but nothing happens. This is the second time I have had it out. So frustrating! Less than a month old and seems like issues around every corner.
It is not the fuse- any thoughts?"

Let me know what the dealer did to fix the retracting problem. My rear awning is doing the same thing. I had to retract it with a 3/8th ratchet. I downloaded the online manual. It describes limit switches that are between the motor and the ceiling reversing switch.

mixie57

Jeffdee, can you post the link for the manual? We have had our TH for 3 years full timing and still learn something new all the time. We also didn't get any instruction on using the rear awning. We didn't even know our side awnings had LED light strip installed. It was a "wonder what this switch does" moments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk