ATF: Cyclone - Rear Awning Issues

hamangum

Well, mobile guy came and didn't know what it was. He did retract the awning for me and said he would be back with a fix. He called Carefree and they didn't know what it was either. Thanks for posting the manual.

Wk15

Pictures
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
. This is just one side, but you do the same on both sides of the awning. When you put the arm back in the stowed position. Make sure you rotate the two Wings to slide in the groves or you will bind it trying slide the arms back in to the awning
attachment.php
. Look close and you can see the wings. Rotate away from the TH and slides right in. Hope this helps!

forgive my sloppy writing on my cell

Thats very interesting. My 2014 3950 does not have any of those mounts and I have the rear awning. I must look into this.

Snaredrum

Mine I thought was the same way. Just flip the whole arm over and it will fit. Both orange locking plastic pieces need to be facing the patio. It one is pointing out, the little pin wont go down.

avvidclif

I finally figured out how to get the arms out. It just takes more force on the orange arms than I was applying. Then I found the ends didn't fit on the trailer dock. I finally took the side of the foot that had only one lip and ground it down and then the locking pin would go down correctly. You can see the offending lip in the picture. The bar that goes down to lock it would not go over the lip????

Attachments

• IMG_0531 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0531 (Medium).JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 81

Wk15

BLHFUN,

What is the distance from the bottom of your rear awning to the top of this bracket in your fifth photo? Is this bracket off center at all?

thank you

blong

Pictures would be great would like see too. I pulled the slides out of my rear awning during last trip to CO river but the ends seem incompatible with the brackets on sides of the rear door... They won't slide into the bracket. Possible I'm doing something wrong, but doesn't seem like it should be that complicated to attach. Anyone else have issue with this?

Had the same problem.... ensure the screws that hold the bracket to the trailer are all the way in I had to tighten ours and then the bracket clipped in and out just fine.

BLHFUN

BLHFUN,

What is the distance from the bottom of your rear awning to the top of this bracket in your fifth photo? Is this bracket off center at all?

thank you

I can check it tomorrow. I'll be picking it up for a 4 day trip tomorrow morning. It's not off center, but I don't know the distance in inches. You have my curiosity though... Why do you ask?

BLHFUN

Had the same problem.... ensure the screws that hold the bracket to the trailer are all the way in I had to tighten ours and then the bracket clipped in and out just fine.

X2. They used a round head screw on mine instead of a counter sink flat head. Still had to file down the right bracket knuckle to get mine to work. In theory, the two holes on the arm bracket should line up with the two screws. "Should" being the key word here.

Wk15

The install manual states 30-38 inches optimal, with 50 inches maximum. Then in another place in the manual it states 37 inches.

AAdams

When we had our RW 390 the door side bracket was fine the off-door didn't fit either for the rear awning support. Common problem I assume.

BLHFUN

The install manual states 30-38 inches optimal, with 50 inches maximum. Then in another place in the manual it states 37 inches.

Mine is 63 inches from the bottom of the awning to the bracket. I looked at 37 inches and that doesn't look right at all. 63 looks correct when in use. Where is yours?

Wk15

My brackets are in my hands. They were never mounted to the RV. With the different numbers from the manual. I thought it best to ask someone who had the brackets on their RV.

i will go out this weekend and play around.

thank you for the numbers.

BLHFUN

Ok. I think you'll find 37 is too high, But yours may be a different model. If your slide pin doesn't fit, Just remove that last piece and grab a straight file and file the little L piece down. It won't take much.

Wk15

Ok. I think you'll find 37 is too high, But yours may be a different model. If your slide pin doesn't fit, Just remove that last piece and grab a straight file and file the little L piece down. It won't take much.

I measured their distances. Looked way to high. I went with your measurement of 63 inches. It looks way better. So far the slide pin's seem to be working great. Thank you for the help.

jeffdee

http://www.carefreeofcolorado.com/products/freedom-wall-mount.html

It appears to be a Carefree Freedom Wall Mount. There are numerous technical documents under that tab on that page.

Update, 7/12/15:

I had the awning checked by the dealer I am using now and he said the motor was bad. My extended warranty would not cover the replacement motor unless I took it back to the original dealer. I knew the motor was good because it would run at least in one direction. So I took the motor out myself. As I suspected, the limit switch that allows the motor to retract the awning was bad (open circuit). This switch is not serviceable so I bypassed both limit switches and the motor now works in both directions. Also, my awning does not have the control module in the leading edge. The in/out control switch on the ceiling does the polarity reversing of the motor. Not having limit switches is not a problem for me because I always watch my awnings when deploying or retracting. The replacement motor is Carefree Part Number R001712BLT. It is $378.87 plus $15 shipping from Carefree. In the instruction manual there is directions for manually retracting your awning if it fails to close. All you need is a 3/8" ratchet with a short extension.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, mobile guy came and didn't know what it was. He did retract the awning for me and said he would be back with a fix. He called Carefree and they didn't know what it was either. Thanks for posting the manual.

I spoke with Carefree before I decided to go ahead and pull the motor myself. The technical assistance guy did not sound like he was very "technically adept" and could not help me other than to say I needed a new motor.

rjb0509

My feet/bracket has the same issue. What was your resolution? Dealer that sold me mine takes approx 3 months to lol at warranty issues so will fix my self if possible.

avvidclif

A good file and 5 minutes. Take note of the offending piece of the bracket on the arm (the "L") and file it down until it clears.