ATF: Cyclone - Red Switch

ljerke

I am trying to find out what the Red Switch is for that is located under the Monitor panel in the rig itself.

Also the 3 dump handles inside the little door on the outside of the RV are not labeled. I want to make sure I don't pull the wrong one first!

CaptnJohn

Not sure about the red switch without seeing it ~~~~ BUT if you have 2 gray water tanks 1 will be easy to identify. Even if labeled a gray and the black are often Mislabeled ~~ mine were correct but it is a crap shoot.
I am trying to find out what the Red Switch is for that is located under the Monitor panel in the rig itself.

Also the 3 dump handles inside the little door on the outside of the RV are not labeled. I want to make sure I don't pull the wrong one first!

danemayer

A picture of the control panel, showing the red switch, would help.

If it lights up when ON, it might be for the tank heating pads, if you have them.

avvidclif

The big handle (middle on mine) is the black. The front is the bath and the rear is the kitchen, both of those are smaller handles. Don't know about the switch.

Dean-Pam

I have a red switch and when on, it activates the electric element in the water heater. Don't know if yours is the same thing.

Lynn1130

Don't flip the switch without water in the hot water tank. Assuming it is the electric for the hot water tank, (and it is in my rig) the element will be burnt toast in about 3 seconds without water in the tank to cool it.

Look under the rig and identify the dump lines for each handle. The size of the handle is not always an indicator of which line it opens. The small lines are generally gray tank and the larger line is black. In my case in the front compartment the larger handle goes to the gray tank and the smaller to the black. Pulling the wrong one will, in fact, be a "crap shoot".

Sniper

If it's a "red" switch that looks like a light switch, it is the electric water heater element switch (at least that's what it's for on our 3010). DO NOT turn this on if the water heater is empty. As far as the dump handles the forward most one is bath room gray water, the middle is black, and the rear most is galley gray water (again that's how they our set up on our 3010). Hopes this helps.

Safe travels :)

BLHFUN

My red switch below the main panel door is my artic package. Does yours look like this? image.jpg

Sawdocmd

The yeti switch is a 12v switch for the tank heaters. The red switch is 120v for the tank heaters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Don't flip the switch without water in the hot water tank. Assuming it is the electric for the hot water tank, (and it is in my rig) the element will be burnt toast in about 3 seconds without water in the tank to cool it.

I make it a point to flip the little switch outside by the water heater to 'OFF' when the water heater is empty.

ProwlerWHswitch-P1000779.jpg ProwlerWHswitch-P1000780.jpg

That way if someone does flip on the red water heater switch inside . . . it won't blow the heating element.

BLHFUN

The yeti switch is a 12v switch for the tank heaters. The red switch is 120v for the tank heaters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depending on year I guess - for my 2015 4200 - The Yeti switch activates the 12V insulated and heated main water lines. The red switch activates the 110V tank heaters that are on the Canadian Artic Package. - They are separate switches and Features.

BLHFUN

So the tank and water line heaters will run off either 12v or 110v?

Thank you.

No - Just the Water Line Heaters will run off 12V battery Power -The Tank Pads ( Red Light Switch) require shore power or Generator power.