ATF: Cyclone - Water Tank Connector Hose & Tank Supports

Had water dripping from the center of my 2015 4000 this weekend on a camp trip, needing to make sure I saved as much water as possible I dropped enough of the underbelly to take a look and to my suprise, the hose that connects the 2 tanks was sitting on a cross memeber which rubbed a hole in the hose and the tank supports were bowed bad. I was a RV Tech for a few years and have seen tank supports bowed due to the weight and the width of the tank but nothing this bad. Is this a common problem. If this is a common problem, the supports need to be addressed so the tanks won't drop allowing the connector hose to make contact with the cross member. I'm 200+ Miles from my dealer and don't want to take it all the way if all they are going to do is change the hose.

I guess no one wanted to reply but I will give an update, after several attempts to contact my dealer I decided to pull the underbelly off and fix things myself. The connector hose did in fact get a hole rubbed into it from sitting on the cross memeber since the tank suppots bowed enough to drop the connector hose down to the cross member. I cut some 3/8" strap and bolted them to the cross member and extended them over under the bowed tank support after jacking it up to straighten it out. 2 Days after the fix my dealer decided to return my phone call and told me that similar to what they would have done and yes it's a common problem sounds like something that should be corrected at the manufacturer. But then again I didn't just spend 80K on a RV right? LOL

porthole

Retired
Had water dripping from the center of my 2015 4000 this weekend on a camp trip, needing to make sure I saved as much water as possible I dropped enough of the underbelly to take a look and to my suprise, the hose that connects the 2 tanks was sitting on a cross memeber which rubbed a hole in the hose and the tank supports were bowed bad. I was a RV Tech for a few years and have seen tank supports bowed due to the weight and the width of the tank but nothing this bad. Is this a common problem. If this is a common problem, the supports need to be addressed so the tanks won't drop allowing the connector hose to make contact with the cross member. I'm 200+ Miles from my dealer and don't want to take it all the way if all they are going to do is change the hose.

I guess no one wanted to reply

Maybe your first post was missed?

Seems to be a common problem with tank supports, especially for those that carry full. And just about all of us that tend to carry full water have beefed up the tank supports in one way or another.

I lost most of the pics of my tank mods. But the final result was two pieces of 1/2" exterior grade plywood epoxied together and coated and the tanks locked into place.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/11365-And-so-it-begins?p=247358&viewfull=1#post247358

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
Sorry for the late reply and I am sorry for the problem you are having with your water tank. This is the first I am hearing of this issue, I will get with the plant manager right away.

thanks,

AJ