ATF: Landmark - ATF - Rear Cap Separation

DavidCraker

We've owned our new Landmark 365 for a week and today was the first available day I could get on the roof area and noticed that the rear cap had separated from the roof. I am going to call the dealer first thing in the morning and call Heartland to see what they say about or have any recommendations for a fix.

For liability reasons the dealer would not let me on the roof during our PDI.

Attachments

• Rear Cap Separation 1.jpg
    Rear Cap Separation 1.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 119
  • Rear Cap Separation 2.jpg
    Rear Cap Separation 2.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 130
  • Rear Cap Separation 3.jpg
    Rear Cap Separation 3.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 115

danemayer

David,

How does the caulking and fit/finish of the cap look on the sides and bottom? I'm wondering if the cap was removed for some reason and the job not finished when it was put back.

Interesting coincidence that the dealer refused to allow you to inspect the roof.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Wow, look how dirty that area is. Looks like it's been separated a while?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
It appears the screws pulled out of the roof possibly because of overnighting. I had it happen on a previous BigHorn where the screws broke. I removed the caulking and the plastic screw cover strip and installed screws next to the broken screws and replaced plastic screw cover and re-caulked. I never had another problem with it coming loose again. It only took me an hour to fix. Since it still is under warranty I would have the dealer fix it.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I had the same thing happen to ours a few weeks after we received it. Both front and rear cap drivers side. Not near as bad as yours though. My dealer took care of it, they said the small screws were not screwed into the cross beam correctly. Yours looks pretty bad. I would diffidently call heartland customer service and send them the pictures asap. Get them involved, hopefully and they might change what there doing at the factory in the future. LOL
I recommend all Landmark 365 owners to get up there and check theirs asap.
d9f035dcd4b96042324b4bb778aca30e.jpg
eb4054ca10af65b3c41dd92c12906956.jpg
2d855982bbe98895e5068b1abf00b895.jpg

3511aa53f2faff584778df1c52120585.jpg
d009e51ee1cf0ce32661466d9ea087b7.jpg

DavidCraker

Thank you everyone for all the advice. I notified Heartland of the situation and sent pictures, they are notifying the dealer that I bought it from on a repair. The Heartland customer service person was very easy to work with and took my concerns very seriously. Thank you Heartland.

DavidCraker

Unfortunately it decided to rain yesterday, so had to do my own temp repair to keep the rain from getting in the opening. The dealership is sending out their mobile tech to look at it today and get his take on what the fix might be, before I have to drag it back to the dealership. Fingers crossed.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Very aggravating on a brand new high dollar coach !!!! Been there.
Mine seems to be doing fine now but it was barely separated, unlike yours. That is a big gap why are they so far off from each other ?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

rhodies1

We've owned our new Landmark 365 for a week and today was the first available day I could get on the roof area and noticed that the rear cap had separated from the roof. I am going to call the dealer first thing in the morning and call Heartland to see what they say about or have any recommendations for a fix.

For liability reasons the dealer would not let me on the roof during our PDI.

I would be very concerned that you have water penetration,these units are vacuum bonded and I would be concerned of delamination taking place in the future, if it was my unit and the cost of purchasing, it would be sitting at their repair shop in Indianna for a though check up,not just a dealer bandage job.Im pretty easy when it comes to service but Heartland would really need to step up to the plate with this issue.

caissiel

Simple, I had a unit that the rear cap was a problem and I found out that the rubber roof was cut short and it leaked above the rear window. The roof rotted a full 4 ft and the walls needed repairs.
For a new unit I would demand a new roof and the rear and side walls be replaced.
The water has ruined all contacted parts.
I would never accept a unit without a roof inspection. It's an excuse that has to stop. A friend bought a 2 year old SOB unit that I discovered after one month that his roof was ruined by washing it with high pressure hose. These washers will detach any parts of a badly attached roof.

Sent from my B1-710 using Tapatalk