ATF: Sundance - 3200RE Surge Guard Installation Suggestions

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
I just purchased a hard wire surge guard for the 3200RE. Where is the best place for me to put it. The instructions suggest that you put it somewhere easy to see so you can see the lights on it. Just would like some input before I go to work on it. Got some time because I'm not going to de-winterize for another 30 days or so.

Thanks in advance.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
If you don't have the remote display, in the cargo bay near one of the the doors would be a good option.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Depending on your basement layout, I'd mount it on the framing for the steps to the bedroom. Out of the way of plumbing (leaks) and still accessible. I'd move the converter there, too. The photos are how I relocated mine to high ground.

The surge suppressor (Progressive EWS-50C) is mounted above the converter. My suppressor also has a remote display, located in the switch cabinet inside the rig.

If you have the SurgeGuard model suppressor, another member made a cutout in his basement panel and mounted it so the unit faced into the basement and the lights were visible.

View attachment 17781View attachment 17782

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Thanks guys, John I like your basement door mod. I may have to steal your design idea.

I have another question. Does all the power go thru the converter before it is dispersed throughout the rig or does it drop of 120v somewhere else? I just want to make sure everything goes through the Surge Guard.

As for viability, I wanted a remote monitor but I found the SurgeGuard brand on sale @ Amazon.com and with the free shipping from DWs Amazon Prime account I couldn't beat the price.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
No, all of the 120V supply does not go through the converter. The converter should be on a separate breaker and plugged into a 120V outlet. It supplies the power to the 12V fuse panel and to the battery for charging. You could, in practice, unplug the converter and still have use of all 120V outlets and appliances.