ATF: Sundance - How to Winterize

ncc1701e

Just moved up from a 2800RL to a 2013 SD3310CL. I guess I should have asked a couple more questions at the PDI. With that said, where are the low point drains on the 3310CL and what is the procedure to winterize this unit. The 2800RL was pretty simple. I'm having a few issues figuring just exactly how to do a good job winterizing the new camper.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Most of the new trailers don't have low point drains, just a drain for the fresh water tank. Winterization will depend on whether you have the new Andersen 4 way water valve system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

Ncc1701e,

Other than the question about drains, can you be more specific about what you want to know?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ncc1701e

Most of the new trailers don't have low point drains, just a drain for the fresh water tank. Winterization will depend on whether you have the new Andersen 4 way water valve system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have the Andersen 4 Way water valve system. Spend the morning draining the hot water tank & blowing air through the lines. I'm not wanting to flush with anti-freeze since we should be back in the camper and sitting in Myrtle Beach for the winter in about 40 days. Weather was showing a few days of below freezing temps and really was interested more in not having a burst line when we get to S.C.

This model of Sundance has five (5) manual valves behind the UDC to manipulate when winterization. I feel like I did a pretty good job of blowing the lines out and I did put some RV anti-freeze down all sink & toliet traps. I also left the heater on set for mid 40's to put some heat in the basement. If we weren't looking at taking the unit to SC for the winter I would have flushed all the lines with RV Anti-freeze. This is the first time I've tried to do with air. Guess I'm just a little leary of the first time.

danemayer

I'm not familiar with the Sundance layout and features, but if you have a black tank flush, don't forget to blow air through there. Also, if your refrigerator has a water dispenser or ice maker, you'll have to evacuate the lines and solenoid(s).