Attended Toronto RV Show

ILH

My wife and I attended the Toronto rv show yesterday. Lots of interesting floor plans - very few Heartland. Many of the other manufacturers are using inferior quality items like hinges, slam doors, etc. I am still sold on HL.

However, I walked through a HL 5th wheel product and was surprised to see several sets of cupboard doors mis-aligned and trim pieces hanging off. I am beginning to notice other manufacturers placing counter-level covers on their stoves for extra space (whereas HL does not).

When walking through this unit with the eyes of someone who doesn't know HL, I could see how they wouldn't understand the quality and only see the superficial issues.

Anyway - 4 1/2 years to retirement.... Still looking for the perfect rv.

priorguy

Is the Toronto show put on by dealers like the Ottawa show? I don't think there are any manufacturer reps at these shows, only dealers and what they decide to bring. Not like the Toronto Auto show that is a factory sponsored event. I found the Ottawa RV show to be a place to buy last years product or maybe some new stuff, but it was all off the dealer lots. Hardly any accessories, and a few local campgrounds had reps on site too. I spent over 10 years in the GTA and all the shows there were much bigger and better then what we get here in Ottawa. It would be nice to see factory reps and product at local shows and not have to drive to Indiana for the experience.

ILH

We saw a couple of factory reps, but you're right - it is a dealet's' show, not a manufacturers' show.

We may have seen a HL rep, but he was busy with someone and we couldn't wait.

We had specific questions for the non-HL reps regarding wheelchair adaptation - but nobody was particularly knowledgeable or helpful.