Autogrip tires?

Hookem59

I'm planning to replace the two Towmax tires on my Sundance before we hit the road for the summer. My local service place called today recommending Autogrip tires at $130 each. I've never heard of them and don't see much online about them. Any experiences out there? It doesn't seem anyone around here (SE Virginia) carries or has even heard of Sailuns.

GOTTOYS

Why even consider some unknown brand? If you have a problem on the road where would you find the nearest Autogrip dealer?? You do get what you pay for. Buy a recognized quality brand. I would replace all four tires if it was mine. The sooner you get rid of the Towmax junk, the better....Don

Gary521

If you can't get Sailuns or Maxxis, which are ST tires, get LT tires. Just about any reputable brand will work. Lots of us use LT tires with no problems.

kowAlski631

There are reviews from the UK which are not positive. Apparently on autos only, the reviews say that they are dry pavement only safe. Personally, we'd let someone else be the tester and not put on anything we planned to haul. Just our 2¢ worth.

Hookem59

Thanks, all. Definitely not even considering the Autogrips. I asked the dealership to look for Sailuns, and if they can't find them I'll find them myself!

Hookem59

The dealership quoted $218 each installed for the Sailuns. I can get them for $160 delivered to my door, so that's how I'm likely to go. I'll have to get over and take a look at my Sundance 3300CK to verify a couple of things first, though. I want to make sure the rims are rated for the higher pressure, and I also want to make sure there's enough space between the axles for the slightly larger tires. Anyone do this swap on a 3300CK?