Automatic Leveling Problem

Dan54

Just got back to Ohio after a month in Utah. About halfway into the trip my auto leveling quit on my 2011 Landmark. After I get it off the truck & press the auto level button it starts to level but turns itself off (powers off) before anywhere near level. Try again & again with same results. Had to resort to manual mode to operate front & rear jacks & stabilizers & had the system shut down on me several times but was able to turn it back on & complete the task, or at least close enough. Couldn't get it exactly level because of it shutting itself off but close enough if you don't mind things rolling of counters, doors swinging open, etc. I turned off the 12V power to the leveling in hopes that it would reset but no luck. Anyone have to deal with this issue? I'm thinking I'll need to replace the control board since who knows how long I'll be able to control it even manually - hate to get stranded out in the middle of nowhere. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

danemayer

Sounds more like a low voltage problem. The levelup control panel has a voltage display. See what it reads when not on shore power and not connected to the truck. Wait 15-20 minutes after disconnecting external power sources to get a true reading.

Also, check the water level in your battery, and that the battery terminal connections are clean and tight. And if your battery is over 3 years old, it may not be holding a charge very well.

Although you're talking about the levelup system, our Hydraulic Slide Out Starts and Stops user guide may help you.

carl.swoyer

Just got back to Ohio after a month in Utah. About halfway into the trip my auto leveling quit on my 2011 Landmark. After I get it off the truck & press the auto level button it starts to level but turns itself off (powers off) before anywhere near level. Try again & again with same results. Had to resort to manual mode to operate front & rear jacks & stabilizers & had the system shut down on me several times but was able to turn it back on & complete the task, or at least close enough. Couldn't get it exactly level because of it shutting itself off but close enough if you don't mind things rolling of counters, doors swinging open, etc. I turned off the 12V power to the leveling in hopes that it would reset but no luck. Anyone have to deal with this issue? I'm thinking I'll need to replace the control board since who knows how long I'll be able to control it even manually - hate to get stranded out in the middle of nowhere. Thanks

Try replacing the 50 amp breaker

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
I just recently replaced mine ,it was worn out. Its near the battery disconnect. The second one in from the right

Last edited:

Dan54

Sounds more like a low voltage problem. The levelup control panel has a voltage display. See what it reads when not on shore power and not connected to the truck. Wait 15-20 minutes after disconnecting external power sources to get a true reading.

Also, check the water level in your battery, and that the battery terminal connections are clean and tight. And if your battery is over 3 years old, it may not be holding a charge very well.

Although you're talking about the levelup system, our Hydraulic Slide Out Starts and Stops user guide may help you.

The volt meter says 13.6, so looks good to me. Connections are all clean & tight, water level is all good so I'll try replacing the breaker. Thanks

danemayer

The volt meter says 13.6, so looks good to me. Connections are all clean & tight, water level is all good so I'll try replacing the breaker. Thanks

13.6V is not a reading of the battery. It's the output of the Power Converter. If your battery is more than 3 years old, or the reading with shore power and truck disconnected is less that 12.5V, you may need a new battery.

You'll probably need a new mini-circuit breaker as well.

Dan54

13.6V is not a reading of the battery. It's the output of the Power Converter. If your battery is more than 3 years old, or the reading with shore power and truck disconnected is less that 12.5V, you may need a new battery.

You'll probably need a new mini-circuit breaker as well.

13.6 volts is with the batteries disconnected from shore but still connected to truck. I'll disconnect from truck & try again. Where is the mini circuit breaker?

danemayer

13.6 volts is with the batteries disconnected from shore but still connected to truck. I'll disconnect from truck & try again. Where is the mini circuit breaker?

The 12V DC mini-circuit breakers are located near the battery, and are usually covered by a red rubber boot. If you check the Hydraulic Slideout Starts and Stops user guide, it provides pictures and explicit instructions on how to replace the breaker.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Be sure ALL related power conections are secured tightly. This includes cables to and from the breaker and to the pump and associated solenoids. There's quite a few and if a couple are sorta loose it starts adding up. The breaker is a frequent culprit but the connections do come loose as we bounce down the road.

Dan54

Be sure ALL related power conections are secured tightly. This includes cables to and from the breaker and to the pump and associated solenoids. There's quite a few and if a couple are sorta loose it starts adding up. The breaker is a frequent culprit but the connections do come loose as we bounce down the road.

Replaced the hydraulic circuit breaker which may have done the trick! I was a bit short of time because I had to get my trailer back to the storage facility by 3:30 Friday & had to wash it & blow the lines so I didn't have time to test it until I dropped it off. When I dropped it off & pressed auto level it successfully completed. Very happy but one successful completion doesn't mean it's fixed. The mechanic at the storage facility is going to check it out. Thanks all, I'll report back if there are any further significant developments.

carl.swoyer

Replaced the hydraulic circuit breaker which may have done the trick! I was a bit short of time because I had to get my trailer back to the storage facility by 3:30 Friday & had to wash it & blow the lines so I didn't have time to test it until I dropped it off. When I dropped it off & pressed auto level it successfully completed. Very happy but one successful completion doesn't mean it's fixed. The mechanic at the storage facility is going to check it out. Thanks all, I'll report back if there are any further significant developments.

I was certain that replacement of the breaker would work.
I'm carrying extra breakers.
I replaced mine and end of problem.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

porthole

Retired
A fully charged 12 volt lead acid battery will read 12.7 volts after it has sit for approximately 60 minutes to dissipate the surface charge.