Awning how to extend?

AKGUY47

I have a 07 3975 Cyclone, wondering how to extend awning. It looks like it is a manual operation but I am not sure. Can't find a power button for it anywhere. There is a handle on each arm of the awning, does it take two people to extend? Any helpwould greatly be appreciated. :cool:

Thanks!

Cimriver

Can't believe they didn't tell you how to operate the awning during the walk through.

Heed the advice on the video to take it down when any wind comes up and don't leave it up when you are gone or at night. We returned to a campsite last summer just in time to see the wind blow the neighbors awning to shreads before we could get over and put it up for them. He had it weighted down with home depot buckets full of water on both sides. The wind was actually lifting them off of the ground.

AKGUY47

Thanks, I tried to find a video but was using the wrong search info. One problem I have is that little center pull tab is missing. I really hope it is just rolled up inside. Sorry for the slow response I am at work right now which is about 600 miles from home. Your help is greatly appreciated.

AKGUY47

Hello Gordon, I didn't have a walk through. I bought my rig from a private owner and actually had it towed to my house without even seeing it. Call me crazy, but that's me always in a hurry. The good news is that so far everything has been great and the previous owner did not hide anything. We really love the Cyclone and cannot say enough good things about it! Now I just wish I could get time off to use it. Thanks for the advice on taking it down went not around, sounds like a bad things could happen if not followed.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If it's a manual awning and the center pull strap is missing or got rolled up into the awning, then you'll need two people to get it down. Using your awning rod (you do have one??), release the lock tab at the front end of the roller. Usually, from the rolled position it just pulls down. Then with two brawny lads, pull the arms away from the side of the trailer. Best to pull from near the roller. Once it's down, it should relock itself. If the strap is missing, a replacement can be purchased at any RV place for about $6.

When rolling the awning back up, you will definitely need the strap and the rod. When you release the lock, make sure you have a good grip on it or the awning will roll up quickly and everyone in the campground will know it when it slaps the side of the trailer. DAMHIKT.

Bighurt

I always put in the awning even when taking a stroll through the CG. IN ND you never know when the winds will come up. And awnings aren't a cheap fix...just ask my father. Remember to lock the awning in the stow position before towing...otherwise it will open and rip off the rv at highway speeds. Again just ask my Dad...LOL