Awning replacement

Flooringit

We had a big storm come in at night. Usually don’t get wind but this time we did. It ended up tearing the top of my awning about 3 inches. My guess is it will keep ripping. How hard is it to replace the awning fabric? I have a cyclone 4000 year 2014

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Call your insurance company. I’ve had two awnings and the supports replaced over the years on two different rigs. Even paid for the mobile tech to do it on site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flooringit

Call your insurance company. I’ve had two awnings and the supports replaced over the years on two different rigs. Even paid for the mobile tech to do it on site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s what my plan was. But I think I have a 1k deductible. Can’t remeber I think one of the arms got bent also

david-steph2018

That’s what my plan was. But I think I have a 1k deductible. Can’t remeber I think one of the arms got bent also

What type is the awning? On the Road Warrior we have the Travl'r from Carefree. The non motor arm is around $450 for the replacement. (experience). A set of arms for the Travl'r from Carefree if I remember is around $1100 to $1200.

On the Road Warrior for us there were 8 bolts holding the arm to the side and 2 bolts holding the head to the tube. When this was changed it took 30 minutes and 2 people.

Here is a link to Carefree:
http://carefreeofcolorado.net/rv-products/rv-travel-trailer.html#

For material we went through Tough Top Awnings once on the older Laredo we had before the Road Warrior:
http://www.toughtopawnings.com/
The material from Tough Top was heavier and thicker than the original material on the awnings.

We were damaged in Montgomery Ala and repaired in Milton Fl. in June 2018 due to a bad and fast moving thunderstorm coming in.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

Mine was a $75.00 deductible and they put the cost considerably higher than the actual repair. Only the fabric and roller assembly needed to be replaced on it. That alone was over $1300, parts, labor and service calls. I came out of it with almost $500 in my pocket after paying the repair bill (the insurance company sent the settlement to my bank account).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

B

Boatman

I recently replaced just the fabric on our BH. Fabric from manufacturer was $600 and dealer charged me about $200 labor to install. There was a past thread on replacing fabric and it concluded it was not a DIY job.

I also use ShadePro awning fabric. I love it because it really replaces my old awning fabric and provides some much-needed protection from the elements. This Shade Pro’s vinyl fabric awning might be just what you need. As the name suggests, it literally replaces your shabby old awning fabric and offers much-needed protection from harsh elements. It was pretty easy to install and didn't take long. I really like that it comes with three-year parts and a shipping warranty.

Last edited: