Awning retraction

jnbhobe

What don't you like Jon? Hate is pretty strong. Although I liked the range of adjustment on my old manual awning, it sure is nice have the push button convenience of the electric model.

Duane; One thing is it is actually too low for my deck at my camp. I like being able to dip one end. I also would like to tie it down more. I know you tie yours down and I have tied down mine, even though they say not to. And I guess its because I ordered with a standard awning and still got the electric model. Would have changed it but didn't want the holes in the side. lol ( you know me hard headed )

porthole

Retired
I can see where it would be an issue with a deck. With the manual you can raise it as well as lowering.
There are electrics out there that you can dip one end, just not ours.

I'd still like to add a second one on mine for the back door and garage area, and if I do I pretty much decided it will be electric. It is convenient.

. Or, it would have been nice if I could have just ordered it with a longer awning.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
When I had the motor replaced last fall, I also requested the retrofit arm that allows you to dip an electric awning. Unbeknownst to me, not all Dometic A & E Electric awnings can be retro'd with that. P'd me off since it was a free upgrade. Although the design and layout is totally different, one thing I miss from our TT was that both doors were fully covered by the awning. With the BH, the door is right at the end of the awning and not well protected from the rain.

DickO

Bought a strap at Camping World today. It is too bad that a strap is needed in case of motor failure BUT neither A&E of Heartland supplies one with our units. My cost was $4.50. Surly they can provide for less that that. Should not be a deal breaker.