Awning seperation

VAbow

Notice this yesterday. Have only opened the awning once before, at PDI in Oct. Havent even camp in it yet. Call local Heartland service center and sent pics, they wil call me in the moring to see what to do. This is the front awning, left side of it.

P4100070.jpgP4100071.jpg

brianharrison

Appears the last screw holding down the awning rail to the trailer side wall was missed/let go. Easy fix to drive #8 by 3/4 long screw into the rail seat just left of the awning fabric.

But I would wait for HL answer since you already called/emailed them and you're still on warranty?

Brian

VAbow

I'm hoping they fix it under warranty. If not I will screw it down and seal it as you mentioned. Thanks

VAbow

Talked to the service center today and he thinks the same thing, screw not installed or broken head off. Taking it in on the 25th. He said we will not even have to un-hook. More to follow.

jnbhobe

Top left of the Portal page are the contact #'s for Heartland customer service, You'll need your serial number and pictures to e-mail

brianharrison

How do I contact Heartland to also inform them that I'm having this repair done?

If your dealer is repairing your unit under the HL warranty process and will be reimbursed by HL for the repair, then HL is more than likely aware of the repairs. As I understand the warranty process, the dealer contacts HL for authorization to complete the repair and HL agrees to compensate dealer for said costs before the work is completed.

No need to contact HL if the dealer is responding favorably to your needs and the issue is being resolved to your satisfaction by the dealer.

Here is a good thread on the Heartland Warranty Process that may add additional information.

Hope this helps.
Brian