Awning

Hello campers, I am in south central Texas, went to put awning out and it does nothing. I hear a single click when I hit button coming from awning motor. Never had any issues with it and it went in ok when I closed it last.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

JMP

I just experienced similiar symptoms with my awning motor. Replaced it. Works great again. Good luck.

jimtoo

Might check connections at end of awning, heard of some getting loose and/or dirty causing problems.

Also,,, it didn't roll up backwards did it??? It can happen when you press wrong end of switch.

Jim M

LBR

What jimtoo said about being rolled up backwards....try to "retract" it.

rhodies1

Do you have a spare switch. If so take a pic to ensure you put wires on correctly. I would try switch first,if no luck then you’ll need to look at motor. Motors runaround 400 bucks so I would look st switch first.

Do you have a spare switch. If so take a pic to ensure you put wires on correctly. I would try switch first,if no luck then you’ll need to look at motor. Motors runaround 400 bucks so I would look st switch first.

I’m thinking that switch was bad the motor wouldn’t click when Switch is pressed.

WillyBill

I’m thinking that switch was bad the motor wouldn’t click when Switch is pressed.

Also, make sure you have a good charge on the batteries. It's a bit of a long run to that motor so battery charge matters. Also have you DW push switch while you tap on motor with a dead blow hammer.

WB

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
There is a more than likely chance that the motor is toast. Ours died the end of the first summer we had it (2009). From previous posts on similar problems, the motor is at one end of the roller tube and isn’t much more than an automotive electric window motor.

Do a search for replacing it to see if you want to tackle it.

Have you checked for voltage in the wires to (near) the motor? Easy to do by carefully poking a straight pin into both so you can use a voltmeter. Tape the pinholes after.

rhodies1

It is possible that it is the motor,I had my awning stop while it was out.Went to retract and just got a click,ended up being motor.

Hello campers, I am in south central Texas, went to put awning out and it does nothing. I hear a single click when I hit button coming from awning motor. Never had any issues with it and it went in ok when I closed it last.

Thanks for all who responded, looks like I’m gg to be out $420.00 .

Might check connections at end of awning, heard of some getting loose and/or dirty causing problems.

Also,,, it didn't roll up backwards did it??? It can happen when you press wrong end of switch.

Jim M

We are in Luling, between Austin and San Antonio.