Axle weight rating reduce

lwmcguir

You can hold a tape from the inside of the wheel to inside of wheel and get a good idea if you have a real alignment issue. Mark the spot you measured and move the coach enough to get a 180 turn, then measure again. Should be within an 1/8 of an inch or so. Not sure what the factory toe in is but wouldn't me much more than that. This is assuming your wheels are true which is a good thing to check when you have them balanced. This is how we have checked the Ranch trailers for years. Saved us a lot of unnecessary trips to the alignment shop. If it is bad enough for a trip you will get in excess of 1/4 inch difference and if the back of the wheel is closer you will be sliding the tires down the road and becoming best friends with the tire shop owners. Bearings need to be properly adjusted for this to work which is the first thing the alignment shop is going to check as well.

lwmcguir

I changed to Michelin XPS Ribs as soon as I drove my trailer off the dealers lot. If you don't mind paying anywhere from $1,500 to 2,500 for trailer repair plus towing, new tires and los of time to have fun. Get the cheapest tire you feel good about. Pay now or pay later. I find it cheaper in the long run to use the best item for my money.

BTW.. ST tires have a speed rating of 65mph. When included, you are always going to push the limits of the tire with weight, heat and speed.

That's what I do...
BC

I run Michelin XPS Ribs on my TV but I cant find 14 ply 16 inch tires. Do you know if they are available?

Axle Sticker

What became of the issues related to the stickers sent out by the factory for axle weight rating. Have there been any solutions? Anyone have experience or recommendation with replacing tires and wheels to solve the problem?

jimtoo

Re: Axle Sticker

Hi proknbeanr,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Someone will jump in soon I'm sure and give their opinion.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Re: Axle Sticker

What became of the issues related to the stickers sent out by the factory for axle weight rating. Have there been any solutions? Anyone have experience or recommendation with replacing tires and wheels to solve the problem?

The solution is either to cut down on the loaded weight of the trailer or buy new rims and tires to carry the weight the trailer was intended for. Some people have been buying the rims from this place http://www.gearworksmfg.com/home.html. I have not bought mine yet, still a bit more to save.