AZ Members Chat Room

Mrsfish

I have also called. This is a big deal. The river is ready barely running because of use and drought. This bill only serves the developers, not the resources. Unfortunately, money has power.

chiefaret

After reading the bill and articles, I agree with Lynn1130. G and I normally do not oppose development, but this bill rapes current groundwater management statues in place. Therefore, I have joined others on this item and sent an email to the Governors office asking him to veto this bill.

Ann is correct money talks. I am going to send an email to my rep and asked why he voted for this, but one of the big supporters of the sponsor is the Arizona Association of Realtors, who of course would benefit from a huge development.

Lynn1130

Thanks Steve, money talks especially when it is in the pockets of the state representative from SE Arizona. It took a major effort by the wine growers in our state to stop high power lines from running right through prime wine growing country in SE Arizona.

There is no development in this state that does not require water and most all of that will be ground pumped water. That dries up streams and rivers. Lake Powell is now at about 2/3 or a little less than full pool and Mead is in danger of having to start limiting water use to California and Nevada in the next few years. If either of those happen California will lay claim to their water allotment and Arizona will be SOL. So Thanks for supporting this effort and I strongly suggest you read up and rethink future support of these large developments (like NW of Wickenburg. There goes the Hassayampa River)

gregattaway

Hey everybody ...
Denise and I have sold the Cyclone HD ... We just did not think it out that well and it was just sitting and going to continue to sit ... We are still members until the end of the subscription period ...

The 2011 f-250 6.7 red ford truck in our pic is for sale if anyone might be interested ...

Keep in mind we have 40 ac in SO East AZ with 2 - 50 amp hook ups but plenty of room ... SO, we can host a "good bye" party after out trip from cali ends June 1st ... :)

You all have been great to know !!!!!!!!!!!!

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
Hey everybody ...
Denise and I have sold the Cyclone HD ... We just did not think it out that well and it was just sitting and going to continue to sit ... We are still members until the end of the subscription period ...

Just a reminder to all HOC members: in order to be a member of the Heartland Owners Club, you must own a Heartland RV product. So when you no longer own a Heartland RV product your eligibility expires and your HOC membership naturally expires.

Your Forum registration does not expire as ownership of a Heartland RV is not a prerequisite for Forum registration. You may still access the Forum with your user name and password and keep up with all your friends. Who knows, maybe you will own another Heartland in the future.

chiefaret

Thanks Steve, money talks especially when it is in the pockets of the state representative from SE Arizona. It took a major effort by the wine growers in our state to stop high power lines from running right through prime wine growing country in SE Arizona.

There is no development in this state that does not require water and most all of that will be ground pumped water. That dries up streams and rivers. Lake Powell is now at about 2/3 or a little less than full pool and Mead is in danger of having to start limiting water use to California and Nevada in the next few years. If either of those happen California will lay claim to their water allotment and Arizona will be SOL. So Thanks for supporting this effort and I strongly suggest you read up and rethink future support of these large developments (like NW of Wickenburg. There goes the Hassayampa River)

I got an email from the governors office saying he vetoed he bills. So I think the results are what you wished. Anyway I hope that is the case.

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Hey Steve & Ginger . . . can't wait to see you in Vegas!

We are in site #125 . . . and are going to have a PARTY!

chiefaret

Hey Steve & Ginger . . . can't wait to see you in Vegas!

We are in site #125 . . . and are going to have a PARTY!

Sorry but that did not work out for us, and we are not making that event. But we may run up for a day and have lunch or a drink with you guys. Did get signed up for the rally in Western Colorado Sept next year

Lynn1130

I got an email from the governors office saying he vetoed he bills. So I think the results are what you wished. Anyway I hope that is the case.

Yes that is exactly what I was hoping for. Thanks to all who took the time to call and/or email. Consider that most all of the "rivers" and streams in Arizona used to flow and today one is left and that is the San Pedro. There is an on-going effort to give water back to the Santa Cruz and I hope that works but Mexico has polluted that one to the point that I am not sure that will work.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
NEW BABY was just Delivered:

One of the Arizona Chapter Members just took delivery of a brand new 2017 Bighorn Traveler!!!!!!!!!!
No I won't say the name in hopes they make a post about their new baby!!!! But I do know it's now home!
They will be showing it off at our April Rally at Kartchner Caverns....
What a nice looking RIG!!!
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DickO

Not us but we are in Las Vegas picking up our new 2017 Bighorn 3160. We ordered it during the Vegas national rally. Just got it Friday. Had satellite installed today. Very happy so far. Just a couple of minor things to fix. Will not make rally since we have April reservations made a year ago.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Congrats on your new Bighorn!!!!!!! Wow two AZ members with New Units!!!!
Safe Travels and perhaps the other member will announce their new purchase as well...

Paradise2

Congrats on your new Bighorn!!!!!!! Wow two AZ members with New Units!!!!
Safe Travels and perhaps the other member will announce their new purchase as well...

We are out of the Phoenix (aka Gilbert) area and pick our 3575el on Monday....driving to pick it up. I can't figure out how to download pictures or start a conversation on this yet.....Lynette

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I can't figure out how to download pictures or start a conversation on this yet.....

Welcome to the party!

To post photos, scroll the 'Reply Window' down to the 'Additional Options' window, then click on the 'Manage Attachments' button.

This is where you upload and post images.

Hey there AZ RV-ers! We are brand new to the RV world and just bought a Heartland Mallard M312. Barely picked it up, but we're looking to take advantage of Memorial Day weekend for our first venture. The only problem is...since the camper is 36 feet, we're not sure which areas (we prefer dry camping) would be best. We're in the Phoenix area, and would like to venture up North (close to Payson) for this first jaunt. Anyone have any ideas on a good area with roads that can accommodate the length and that are good for fishing/hiking? Thanks for all the help!

jimtoo

Hi prdmommyof3,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M