AZ Members Chat Room

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
1/25/2015 Posting

Arizona Chapter Oct Rally.....

As we all discussed in Quartzsite, subject to a site inspection, our Fall Rally will be at Distant Drum RV Resort in Camp Verde. They are really wanting to work with us . Three of us will be conducting a site inspection either the end of this week or early next week. Rick and I will travel together and Jeanne will meet us there for the inspection and lunch. I will get this Rally posted as soon as we return. The tentative dates will be Oct 8-11, 2015. Bob and Dorthy from the Colo Chapter gave me a great testimonial Sunday as we all were leaving Quartzsite and they loved their stay last year. They may even try to attend this Rally with us.

2016...Feburary 23-28....
These are the dates for our Winter 2016 Rally. It will be held at the Lazy Days RV Resort in Tucson and in conjunction with the Rodeo week this great city celebrates. The Rodeo lasts for 7 days and it is so popular that the schools are always out for two days to allow everyone to attend. At the present time I have 25 spaces blocked, however based on the positive response from all the Quartzsite attendees wanting to attend this Rally, I will attempt to increase it to 30 this week. The Pricing has not be finalized and once confirmed, this Rally will be posted. As we did with the Quartzsite Rally allowing ample time for everyone to have the opportunity to obtain a reservation.
Stay tuned and leave your comments...I will follow up with emails since not all members use the website as frequently as we post issues.

Doublegranch

Arizona Chapter Fall Rally Oct 7-11.....

Rick, Jeanne and myself will be traveling up to Camp Verde Thursday morning for a site inspection and lunch. I have blocked the space and waiting for Heartland to approve the dates before I can post them...

Tentative for now, but once approved, here are some details......
The RV Resort has another group that has taken over the Rec room so I have worked out they give us a complimentary site for all our activities next to my RV. The Price will be $31 a night plus tax....This will be a Wed - Sun Rally since it is a little longer drive for a few members..
I have blocked 25 RV Spaces...All bookings will come through me via the Rally Thread... You will not call the Rv Resort for space. I will control all RSVP and no payment is required until I release the name list to the Resort and then you will need to call the Resort for payment. This is the same as we did in Quartzsite.
We could have changed the Rally for the following week and had the rec room, but I think several stated in Quartzsite the first two weeks in Oct was the best time. Also this will give us a chance to use the function site on our activities and work out any details before the Big Rally for the Tucson Rodeo, in which we will have the same set up.

Look for the Rally to be posted by the weeks end....and PLEASE SIGN UP EARLY....

Doublegranch

Arizona Chapter One Year Anniversary!!!!

Happy Anniversary Arizona Chapter Members!!!....Yes it's been one year this month that our little chapter was formed....

Our growth has been exciting, from zero to now 40 RV's for a total of 77 members and 8 Chapter Children....

WOW....You guys are great and it's your loving Spirit and wanting to help others that makes this a success...

Thank you to all our Chapter members...and Thank you to all the Heartland Members who have welcomed us and participated in our Events....

Doublegranch

Quartzsite Camp-out Jan 21 -24 2016

Hey everyone, I just posted our camp-out as we discussed during our Meet n Greet in Phoenix Feb 21st. I have reserved 15 sites together and we can expand if needed.
Make your RSVP on the Camp-out Thread. We will hold this event for a Thursday arrival and Sunday Departure, as our major Rally will be in Feb for the Tucson Rodeo.
We are almost sold out on the Tucson Rally, but I am able to expand our block.
We will continue to expand our Quartzsite awareness each year and hope our fellow Heartland members & Snowbirds will join us in our planned Arizona Chapter Events.
Everyone is welcome to join in the fun and meet some great people!!!
See you there!

Doublegranch

Questions this morning was when will the Arizona Chapter Picture threads be available??.....Hum....I will say soon....I have been dragging my feet a little on this project with all the activities we have and are planning....But I promise, I will start working on this project soon.....

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Questions this morning was when will the Arizona Chapter Picture threads be available??.....Hum....I will say soon....I have been dragging my feet a little on this project with all the activities we have and are planning....But I promise, I will start working on this project soon.....

I'll get you the Quartzsite photos soon . . .

Email me your mailing address and I'll send you a jump drive or DVD with the photos.

Or I can just post them online . . .

Whatever is easiest!

Doublegranch

Just Born!!!! Dakota's little sister was just born yesterday during the Havasu site selection..... 8 puppies in all, 5 Merle and 3 Black Tri....
Pending a vet check, I will be driving back to Texas in 8 weeks to select Dakota's sister. As most of you know Dakota was crippled from a horse and while has many more years of life and service for me, this new little gal will be eventually trained by Soldiers Best Friend at Fort Huachuca for the day when Dakota may elect to retire from her duties and just be a sidekick without working.
Here are the pictures.....Have any favorites....it must be a female....2 Merle females and 1 black tri female.

Attachments

• jenni 3.jpg
    jenni 3.jpg
    515.5 KB · Views: 28
  • jenni 2.jpg
    jenni 2.jpg
    541.4 KB · Views: 35

Mrsfish

They are so cute. I'm excited to see her. don't forget the wedding on May 14 th when making your plans ;)

lndinaz

Thanks, right now I'm trying to figure out how to post a question regarding satelite connections in our 2014 Sundance 285 XLT. The coax connections both in the docking station and in the entertainment center are not marked.

Dennis

jimtoo

Hi Dennis,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of the others will jump in soon with some help for you. You might go to the Satellite area of the forum and post your question. It always helps to post in the area your looking for information about.

Enjoy the forum and your Sundance.

Jim M

Doublegranch

Thanks, right now I'm trying to figure out how to post a question regarding satelite connections in our 2014 Sundance 285 XLT. The coax connections both in the docking station and in the entertainment center are not marked.

Dennis

Dennis....We have a few members in the Arizona Chapter with Sundance RV's...I will have Ron make a posting to help you out...Meanwhile I sent you a PM, Let me know if I can help....]

Ron-Cookie

Dennis

Hi Dennis.... Sorry for the delay I was out and about... I have a 2013 Sundance 3000MK and my satellite connection is the second one in from the opening (front) of the docking station and also the second one in from the front in the entertainment area... Make sure you turn OFF the antenna booster or no satellite data will come through to your tuner... I use HDMI from my Dish tuner to the TV... Hope this helps...