AZ Members Chat Room

lndinaz

Thanks, I'll give that combo a try. We were in Anza Borrego SP a week ago and could not get a signal. Good thing we had a bunch of stuff DVR'd.

Ron-Cookie

It has been 6 days since anything has been written in this thread... I just thought I would make it active again...

I have been modifying my Sundance bedroom today,,, Putting in a Sleep Number bed... Should complete the job in the next day or so... Had one in the house for the past 10 years so it is about time I put on in the 5th wheel..

Hey does anyone know of a reputable place to get the bearings repacked in the Phoenix area? Don't know if I trust the "Big Box" RV places..

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Ron:

I just had my North Trail bearings repacked last week. Went to a local auto shop and cost was only $120 for all 4 wheel. La Mesa wanted $380 for the same service. You have to have a small auto shop in your area....I pulled in, stayed hooked up and they just jacked up one side at a time. Took them about an hour.
Good luck...

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Sun City RV in Sun City (Phoenix) on Grande Ave. hooked us up right when we had to have all of that axle and wheel bearing work done on our way to Quartzsite back in January!

SunCityRV-RVPark-IMG_20150122_075627618.jpg SunCityRV-IMG_20150122_173556536.jpg

They were awesome!

Last edited:

8amps

We are Tempe trying to sort out an issue with our landing gear. But despite that, we are having a great time in Arizona, our adopted chapter. :) We spent a week in Tucson at the Escapees Escapade Rally which was great (but exhausting!) and got the chance to catch up with a few of our Arizona chapter friends. It was great seeing you all! We had our rig weighed by Smart Weigh and we were underweight in all areas! Woo hoo! We weighed the rig before we left Colorado and knew we had room to work with but 1) that was before we loaded all our "stuff" when we hit the road in October and 2) it was on a truck scale so it was just each axle and not each tire so we didn't know if we were overloaded on one side.

I have been saying that since we left Colorado, we haven't spent even one full day at the rig getting things squared away that really needed it and that I really wanted to take some time to do things around the rig. We have been having fun seeing the sights and seeing old friends and meeting new ones wherever we go. So be careful what you wish for!!! The landing gear obliged us to stay put for a minute. Even still, we managed some fun. Last night, Bill and Jo from the AZ Chapter took us to the Elks club for a St. Patty's Day dinner and brief tour of the area.

We will be here for at least a week, today I think we might go catch a Spring Training Game, Colorado Rockies vs. San Diego Padres if we can get the truck unhitched (due to landing gear issue) or we can figure a train, etc. to get to the game.

8amps

Oh my gosh, how could I forget!!!! We had an awesome weekend camping with the Kosankos at our first ever Nascar Race!!! Thanks for coming with us, we had a blast with you all!

Doublegranch

Phil & Mary:
Happy you are enjoying our great state! It was good seeing you both at the BBQ. Per Phil, I have included you in our Havasu Balloon Festival Rally....Let me know if anything changes...Safe Travel.

Doublegranch

Here is a few updated pictures of Dakota's new sister....Cheyenne...She is only 2 1/2 weeks old and we will go back to Big Sandy TX to pick her up on April 23 (8 Weeks old)

Attachments

• bg 1.jpg
    bg 1.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 20
  • bg 2.jpg
    bg 2.jpg
    438 KB · Views: 24
  • bg 3.jpg
    bg 3.jpg
    310.2 KB · Views: 21
  • bg 4.jpg
    bg 4.jpg
    305.6 KB · Views: 16

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Here is a few updated pictures of Dakota's new sister....Cheyenne...She is only 2 1/2 weeks old and we will go back to Big Sandy TX to pick her up on April 23 (8 Weeks old)

Gary, will you be pulling the NT to go get her? She's precious! Give us a heads up on your route through Texas, maybe we can meet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doublegranch

Gary, will you be pulling the NT to go get her? She's precious! Give us a heads up on your route through Texas, maybe we can meet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[Wow that is very nice of you....With my PTSD I can go days without sleep, so this will be a marathon driving as it was when I picked up Dakota from the same breeder. I would love to stop for a meet with you....I will PM you with my Cell number and we can plan a meet on the way out or way back. Where are you located? I will be taking I 20 once into Texas. Thanks for the offer Garry & Dakota..]

jwcox

How could you not fall in love with that beautiful face?! Even at eight weeks Cheyenne will miss her past environment and hopefully will adjust quickly to Garry and Dakota. Can't wait to meet her.

Ron-Cookie

Hey do any of you travel with a cat? We have decided to try traveling with our M'Now.. Our first adventure will be the Meet-N-Greet in April.. We want to try it out before our trip to Goshen this summer.. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Doublegranch

Ron:

JohnD and Cathy travel with several cats and no problems to my knowledge. We also have someone else and not sure if it is Greg.....I would not see any problems either keeping M-Now in the truck with you or leaving him in the RV while traveling...as long as the heat isn't too great. At one of our Rally's I saw where they cut a cat hole in the steps to allow them to go into the basement. Then had a screen type of material when the basement doors were open the cats could enjoy the fresh air. The cat box was kept there and no smell in the trailer....just another idea.....

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Hey do any of you travel with a cat? We have decided to try traveling with our M'Now.. Our first adventure will be the Meet-N-Greet in April.. We want to try it out before our trip to Goshen this summer.. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

We generally take three of our seven cats with us when camping.

Two of them sleep in a large cat carrier while in the truck, while Rusty (the orange kitty in the shot below) likes to sit on the arm rest between the two front seats and hangs out there during the whole trip!

Whenever we stop for gas, we usually put them in the trailer for a few minutes so they can get a drink and use the cat pan.

We've thought about leaving them in the trailer while going down the road, but not sure how they would get along with the bouncing around back there.

Campout2012SpicyChecksEmail-PC260023.jpg Campout2012Spicy&Marcy-PC260025.jpg Campout2012Kitchen-PC270045.jpg CampinKitties-P9020527.jpg

Doublegranch

Cheyenne....8 weeks old next Wed...Here are her latest pictures.. We pick her up next Wed in Big Sandy TX.
Wow she really is beautiful and somewhat of a little houdini as she is able to climb a chain link fence to get out and
be with everyone....

Attachments

• cheyanne x 1.jpg
    cheyanne x 1.jpg
    383.6 KB · Views: 17
  • cheyanne x 2.jpg
    cheyanne x 2.jpg
    290 KB · Views: 18
  • cheyanne x 3.jpg
    cheyanne x 3.jpg
    295.8 KB · Views: 17

VKTalley

Cheyenne....8 weeks old next Wed...Here are her latest pictures.. We pick her up next Wed in Big Sandy TX.
Wow she really is beautiful and somewhat of a little houdini as she is able to climb a chain link fence to get out and
be with everyone....

Garry, Can't wait to meet this special puppy of yours! She looks adorable!

Doublegranch

Valerie: Thanks...she will be with us at Goshen, you will get to meet her there.
It will be interesting on how Dakota reacts to her...it's been only her and Me for 7 years....

VKTalley

Valerie: Thanks...she will be with us at Goshen, you will get to meet her there.
It will be interesting on how Dakota reacts to her...it's been only her and Me for 7 years....

That will be interesting! Looking forward to seeing all y'all in Goshen. When will you be arriving?

Doublegranch

Val: There are 7 of us arriving the first day of the Rally... Staying in the South end....

Let me know where you guys are staying..but we will see you at the activities....