B&W Companion and Turn over ball

mobilcastle

I am thinking about removing my B&W companion and turn over ball and replace with an air hitch. If any of you have sold these items what would be the aprox going rate if I sell them? I have looked on Craig's list and other places, but I could not find any for sale. New at Tweetys the combo runs about $1100
Thanks
Steve

scottyb

I sold my hitch for $300 to an acquaintance to prevent having to list it on Craigs List. I probably could have sold it for more but not worth the hassle to me. The turnover ball is a little more proprietary and model specific. The one from my 07 Chev 3500 would only fit up to a 2010 3500, or something like that. I ended up bartering it to a welder that was going to modify and weld it into his truck.

alex00

I am thinking about removing my B&W companion and turn over ball and replace with an air hitch. If any of you have sold these items what would be the aprox going rate if I sell them? I have looked on Craig's list and other places, but I could not find any for sale. New at Tweetys the combo runs about $1100
Thanks
Steve

I sold my Companion for $400 on Craigslist, but it was all about timing. He needed it that day, and it was the only used one on the list. I had two other calls offering $250 and $300. I sold the rest of the hitch still attached to the truck.

Ladiver

I bought the companion hitch for $400 off Craigslist. I bought a brand new turnover ball setup from a dealer with installation. Good luck.

wildwolfproducts

The part that mounts the hitch to the goose neck mount. Is it solid or hollow? I have one of these on my Kodiak and will be doing like you. Mounting my Trailer Saver TS3 on it for the air ride. And need to know if that sq part is solid or hollow?
Pete

alex00

The part that mounts the hitch to the goose neck mount. Is it solid or hollow? I have one of these on my Kodiak and will be doing like you. Mounting my Trailer Saver TS3 on it for the air ride. And need to know if that sq part is solid or hollow?
Pete
It is solid aluminum.

Cjackg

Thanks
Steve
I am right at the point of making a final decision on buying a 5th wheel hitch for a Silverado 2500 and probably will go with the Companion due to their record and following and am curious as to why you feel the need to switch to an air hitch? Makes me wonder if I should be going straight to an air hitch instead of spending $$ on the B&W...

Have you also considered a Trail Air or Mor-ryde for the pinbox instead of an airhitch? For those of us that havent had the full "hitch" experience yet maybe you can post some comments as to your experience and what improvement is needed after using a Companion for a while...

Thanks for any help you can give....
Jack

scottyb

I am right at the point of making a final decision on buying a 5th wheel hitch for a Silverado 2500 and probably will go with the Companion due to their record and following and am curious as to why you feel the need to switch to an air hitch? Makes me wonder if I should be going straight to an air hitch instead of spending $$ on the B&W...

Have you also considered a Trail Air or Mor-ryde for the pinbox instead of an airhitch? For those of us that havent had the full "hitch" experience yet maybe you can post some comments as to your experience and what improvement is needed after using a Companion for a while...

Thanks for any help you can give....
Jack

Cjackg, the OP doesn't mention whether he has any type of air cushioned pin box on his rig. Many people choose to either go with an air dampened pin box or an air ride type hitch, to prevent chucking and porpoising. Chucking is an annoying jerking, kind of metal to metal feel, that will drive you crazy.

mobilcastle

I have a Mor/Ryde pin box. I think the air hitch would offer a superior ride and my DW and I are going to go out full time. It is hard for me to decide because this is an excellent hitch-easy to use and I have been happy with it. I have just about decided to keep it. Good luck with your decision. BTW the DW says keep it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk