Can't decide betwen the B&W Companion or Curt with the OEM legs for a 2016 Chevrolet 3500 DRW

mikeandconnie

I'm shopping for a new Chevrolet 3500 DRW and can't decide if I what the B&W Companion or the Curt with the OEM legs. I'm looking forward being able to remove my hitch and have no rails. Any input would help. Thanks In advance.

I guess I need to edited this and ask should I get the the pucks installed frame or just the ball?

Last edited:

Oregon_Camper

I've had 2 B&W (in 2 trucks) and love them. I can remove mine in under 5 mins. Nice part is it comes apart into 2 pieces, so easy to lift/carry.

IronJ

B&W hands down between the 2!!... more simple, built better, easy to slap in and out...i can have it out by myself in 5 min flat!!

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
X2 I had an Anderson before and hated the rails in the bed of the truck all the time.

B&W hands down between the 2!!... more simple, built better, easy to slap in and out...i can have it out by myself in 5 min flat!!

Bob.jr

I can remove my Curt in 3.75 minutes. 😝

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

IronJ

Not to brag but i could and have had my b&w out (one piece ) in 1.56 sec.......

Courtesy of a few beers and and "i bet i can"...lol...

Im a pretty strong dude...i think 4 or 5 min is PLENTY fast enough...i dont recommend the 2 min challenge...lol

Lynn1130

I had a puck mounted hitch (Reese) in the previous truck and thought that I liked the fact that there were no rails but the plugs that went into the bed when the hitch was out caught items that I was sliding in and out and when I sold the truck, without the hitch, I had four large holes that I had to cover with the plugs, that no longer would stay in without some sort of glue. Not really my problem since I was selling the truck but it did take some "selling" to the next owner. Luckily he was going to put a below the rail mount in also.

I installed a Curt, rail mount, with this truck and the rails have not been an issue. They are low profile and items slide over them when the hitch is out (it comes out in two pieces) and the small plugs that go into the rail mount holes would take much less selling if I get rid of the truck. I use the bed of the truck for a lot more tasks that just pulling the trailer and so far the rails have not been an issue.

IronJ

Yes the pucks do leave a hole to deal with...with the ford they are 2 pieces and fit very snug. So much that i need a screwdriver to get them back out!!!..

Also since i have a bedrug and it is about 1" thick, when we cut the rug for the hitch/pucks we used the tip of a soldering iron.. makes a perfect cut and i can pop the sections back in and you can hardly tell they were cut out!!..