Basswood Rv Resort. Platte City,Mo

Buckeye

We,re thinking of traveling to KC next April for a Flight Class Reunion. We don't really want to stay in the reunion hotel so we were planning on finding a local RV park. Has anyone stayed at the Basswood RV resort in Platte City? If so, what did you think of it? Thx.

lynndiwagoner

It's been a couple of years, but I really liked it. Out in the country, fishing ponds, well equipped store, nice pool. You might check rv park reviews.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We stayed there for the Missouri HOC chapter in June and had a great time. The park is pretty central to visiting lots of interesting and historical sites.

Enjoy!

olcoon

To back up what Jay said, we were also there for the Missouri rally. Great park, the only draw back I could see was that it's right on the flight path for KCI, so there were A LOT of planes flying overhead. It at times was hard to hold a conservation. However I can say that at least for me, it didn't bother me sleeping at night, but there is less air traffic at night. We live about 12 miles from there, let us know when you are there & maybe we can meet for a meal, or if you need a tour guide.

pegmikef

Nice park. After a day or so I didn't even hear the planes. Lots of stuff to see. I was there with Roy and Jay at the same rally.

Buckeye

Thx. to all for the input. Is there any specific part of the park that I should request when I make my reservation?

olcoon

I can't answer that one, when we were there for the rally, they put us in the "back" of the campground. The sites were all pull through with FHU. Plus we weren't crammed in tight. I didn't do much exploring the campground while we were there. I did see that there was a section that we drove through to get to the back that looked like they were there long term, and I think there were also a couple of sections where they put the seasonal people. Even though we only live about 12 miles away this was the first time we camped there.

pegmikef

It looked to me like that back section where our rally rigs were was about the best area in the park. They are mostly pull thrus and fairly spacious. There is an upper area, but it looked pretty tight to me.