Bathroom sheet flooring

jpjulian

The sheet flooring surrounding the shower enclosure in our 2008 3370RL has begun to bubble considerably. The bubbling goes entirely around the shower enclosure from wall to wall. I suspect there is a leak but cannot determine the source. Your suggestion?

Joe Julian

jbeletti

I'd suggest you get it into your dealer pretty fast. Your guess of water intrusion sounds like a good one. You'll want to get this nipped fast.

Jim

jpjulian

Two trips to the dealer, the last time for 2 weeks, and the flooring problem still hasn't been fixed and the dealer says they don't know what is causing the problem or how to fix it. A water leak from the shower has been eliminated as the problem. My current thought is there is too much flex in the frame or floor in that area of the coach. Still looking for an answer but visually the floor around the shower looks like crap. Any ideas?

Theresau

We had this problem in our home - we determined it was because the sub-floor had some issues from the original install (not moisture). The floor actually developed small bubbles and one large bubble. We had to replace both.

branson4020

Icantre Member
Two trips to the dealer, the last time for 2 weeks, and the flooring problem still hasn't been fixed and the dealer says they don't know what is causing the problem or how to fix it. A water leak from the shower has been eliminated as the problem. My current thought is there is too much flex in the frame or floor in that area of the coach. Still looking for an answer but visually the floor around the shower looks like crap. Any ideas?

How did the dealer "eliminate" a leaking shower as a possibility? Did the dealer use a moisture meter to verify that moisture under the vinyl was NOT the problem?

62cwil

My rig is 4 weeks old and only problem that worries me is flooring between shower and bathroom on Eagle Ridge 29SBRL is flooring does not seem solid like the rest of the flooring in the rig. When I go thru the door to the bathroom and step in line with the heat vent I can tell I am walking on top of the aluminum from the sound. Has anyone else had this issue and if so how did you solve it.