Be Careful What You Carry In The Truck Bed

dieselsweetheart

Hi Deb and John...so sorry that happened to your beautiful Bighorn!! Lesson learned for sure...but sorry it had to happen. This is a good reminder also not to have loose items in your VEHICLE...because during an accident...THEY also could become projectiles and hurt you as they fly through the air at rapid speed (all you physics geeks will know the answer to how fast an object flies when a vehicle is going 35 mph and hits something!)... so make sure you don't have anything heavy in your truck that isn't strapped down as well. I am a certified infant car seat tech and I learned at class that even a kleenex box on the back window ledge can hurt someone pretty bad if it should become a projectile. Food for thought! We see what a simple block did to Deb's BH. You don't want that to be a body part!

And might I suggest a GREAT bike rack (since Jim B brought up the bike rack safety).... SWAGMAN bike racks.... we love ours...and it's very secure!!!

Check below for further info....

http://www.swagmanbikeracks.com/shopnew/product.php?productid=16151&cat=253&page=1

See you soon in Nashville!!!!

porthole

Retired
Deb - are you sure it was your item that did the damage? Unless you saw it hit I wouldn't get yourself all upset over it.

Most things that float around in the bed of the pickup do so because the trailer is there. The items that do move tend to just move around the truck and occasionally fall out. I'm figuring your block did not leave the bed with enough force to do that kind of damage.

The trailers really change the air flow in the bed though. Every time I pull the Cyclone the foam tubes I have stuffed behind the bed toolbox (to keep out the leaves) start to flop out after a hundred miles or so. It never happens when not pulling the trailer.

I have stuff in the bed of my truck all the time that never moves unless I am hooked up tot he big trailer.

RollingHome

Tom, I hope your BH 3385 has an air mattress soffa bed that works... cause I'm thinkin you're gonna be sleepin on it for a few nights by yourself... Unless of course father's day gives you a get out of jail free for one post :) Also, how's your cookin talents, just wonderin.

imchud

Tom, I hope your BH 3385 has an air mattress soffa bed that works... cause I'm thinkin you're gonna be sleepin on it for a few nights by yourself... Unless of course father's day gives you a get out of jail free for one post :) Also, how's your cookin talents, just wonderin.

Ha ha ha.... Been there done that, (not really) - But my DW is a pretty good sport, she gotta be for puting up with me for the past 33 years - Although, I have had to fend for myself in the kitchen from time to time....

Tom

RollingHome

Yeah, but Tom ya gotta be careful dude, take it too far and the DW can do really bad things to your body that you don't want to consider... just be careful so it doesn't get ugly. Ya don't want to end up on the side of the road like the landing gear pad :)

PS just kiddin of course...

imchud

Hey Tom,
I showed my wife the post.... She didn't say a word, all she did was smile and wave at me with he middle finger -- see i told you see was cool... Although she did mumble something about being a cold day in **** before she.................................. :)

Tom