Bed slide Schwin Tech track problem, broken weld ?

I have a 2022 Heartland landmark Scottsdale edition. I’ve been having problems with my super slide, which is a slide within a slide for the king size bed. I had to have a remote RV tech come and actually help me get my slides back in so that I could take them to General Rv Ocala. The remote, RV Tech and the service tech at weld that supports the wall section of the super slide. Has anybody else had a problem like this? I’ve been dealing with this problem for the last four months. We cannot put our bed slide out at all for four months, and luckily we have the wardrobe slide across from this slide and when it’s all the way out I have about 6 inches total to get around the foot of the bed or I have to crawl across the bed to get to the other side for the additional storage. It seems that , the service people at General RV Ocala and the Heartland customer service are having a lengthy discussion, and they cannot agree on how to fix this problem. The Heartland service are wanting to do a Band-Aid type repair. The general RV people are wanting to fix it correctly and it to be a permanent fix which means gaining access and re-welding, the parts that need repaired. Please let me know if anyone else has dealt with this problem about a broken weld affecting their slides. I just want it repaired so that I can put my bed slides out and enjoy my luxury fifth wheel.

taskswap

I haven't had that exact problem but I've had others with the Schwintek system and definitely could see how it could develop. I know the system has its fans, and it has some pros over cable systems (which often need adjustment over time as cables stretch) and super-heavy under-mount systems, but I had nothing but trouble with mine and I'm glad our current RV doesn't have one.

You didn't happen to get an extended warranty did you? I'm not a fan of those plans but this would be the one time where it would be super helpful...

Yes, I do have an extended warranty. I was advised that this is being covered under the Heartland warranty because I reported it while it was still within the timeframe. Do you have any other recommendations on who I could talk to to get Heartland motivated to fix my unit. This is really really Getting old to me.

Dahillbilly

Yes, I do have an extended warranty. I was advised that this is being covered under the Heartland warranty because I reported it while it was still within the timeframe. Do you have any other recommendations on who I could talk to to get Heartland motivated to fix my unit. This is really really Getting old to me.
If you haven't talked with Heartland directly yourself I highly suggest that you do just that. Dealership kept getting the runaround from Heartland once I talked with Heartland all issues were resolved. Good luck

Dmetcalf

I had that exact same issue with our bedroom slide (double telescoping slide) and hired a local welder to correct. See pics. So far so good.

Attachments

• IMG_5849.jpeg
    IMG_5849.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 13
  • 71812308805__A603A058-5B0E-4CB8-A3B3-1AB27B0FADAF.jpeg
    71812308805__A603A058-5B0E-4CB8-A3B3-1AB27B0FADAF.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 13

NYSUPstater

We have a '18 Big Country 3560SS w/ the slide-n-slide and knock on wood no problems w/ the Schwintek slides. I do tho want to upgrade the Schwintek to the Vroom slide system. Probly won't be cheap, but better than the Schwintek.

Dmetcalf

Yeah I’ve read about the better version from another company that makes a much better system. I am quite sure your looking at big bucks to change over to it though…

NYSUPstater

Might be expensive, but so isn't 8 grand for a better roof or IS/disk brakes. If we plan on keeping these things for sometime, maybe very well worth the $$ now and save a lot of headaches down the road.

david-steph2018

Might be expensive, but so isn't 8 grand for a better roof or IS/disk brakes. If we plan on keeping these things for sometime, maybe very well worth the $$ now and save a lot of headaches down the road.
Yep, just depends on if individuals want to spend the dollars or not. We have had our rig since October 2017, and plan on keeping it for a while longer, since we are full time in it.